What's new

why the iphone 4s can be charged without connecting completely

kenny1999

Reaction score
I am using 4s and I find that even the 30pin port doesn't connect completely (completely stuck into the 30pin slot) the iphone can still be charged and transfer data.

Just an interesting question. Will this act hurt the iphone and will the data transfer be loss without notice

The contacts between the 30pin connector on your 4S and the data cord make contact before the plug is fully seated. I wouldn't recommend making this a habbit... due to the possibility of poor connection causing a short or static discharge from pin to pin.

The contacts between the 30pin connector on your 4S and the data cord make contact before the plug is fully seated. I wouldn't recommend making this a habbit... due to the possibility of poor connection causing a short or static discharge from pin to pin.

hello, my main concern is actually the data. I was used to this habit for some time but I DIDN'T KNOW, because of the poor design of the protective case. My main concern is the data, will those "poor connection" and "static charge" etc cause loss of data during transfer without notice? For example, the original data has a size of 100kb on computer but only 99.9kb or 99kb after it is transferrred to the iphone? I know it might be a silly question but I am really an outsider. Thanks

No... you won't have to worry about small bits of data being lost or not transfered. The only way data would not be tranfered is if the connection is lost. If that happens, the transfer will stop and you'll receive an error or notification on your computer.

No... you won't have to worry about small bits of data being lost or not transfered. The only way data would not be tranfered is if the connection is lost. If that happens, the transfer will stop and you'll receive an error or notification on your computer.

Thanks for the useful comment

The reason I have this question in mind was the time when I found that the data downloaded from a website using Google Chrome was incomplete but I DID'NT RECEIVE any error message or notification or any text saying that the download was incomplete but I only know that accidentally or I would never know. This makes me re-think about technology of data transfer