What's new

Why do you jailbreak?

Ashman

Reaction score
I jailbroke my phone because I wanted to be able to tweak things and there are some great additional functions some apps provide. I love pdanet and lockinfo as well as 3Gunrestrictor. That is why I did it. Those are my must have jailbreak apps.

Yes I know some people do it for free cracked apps but for me a few dollars here or there for an app or game is worth it. I don't use pirated apps no need I have bought all the apps I use.

Why did you jailbreak?

The tweaks are endless.
Plus you get free apps from MODERATOR EDIT: DO NOT MENTION PIRACY APPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is only one good reason to jailbreak, and that is to be able to do with the phone things that apple in their very limited wisdom could not imagine anyone wanting to do. I am convinced only very immature people do it for piracy.

For me it's SBSetting & BIteSMS, mainly. There's a host of others that I use for appearance customization... Springtomize, Masks, Zepplin, etc.

Oh yes sbsettings is the must have for me as well

I have never themed my phone didn't want to use my ram.

My thought is still on the basis that adding features apple did not think to add.

My biggest gripe? Apple not allowing to send contacts as VCF files over Bluetooth. I have still yet to find an app that can do it.

It is a feature I think apple is too cautious about. I know my idea of why the did not allow it. For security reasons. But it should be an option one can turn on. 6 year old crappy phones can send contacts over Bluetooth. Android. Blackberry. They can do it. Why not the iPhone.

.... Apple not allowing to send contacts as VCF files over Bluetooth....I know my idea of why the did not allow it. For security reasons. But it should be an option one can turn on. 6 year old crappy phones can send contacts over Bluetooth. Android. Blackberry. They can do it. Why not the iPhone.

Isn't that the way Paris Hilton and a bunch of Movie stars had their phones 'hacked'? I am thinking now that Apple was probably right to be cautious about this. The problem was that people used to turn the feature on on the phone and forget to turn it off when not needed.

I was jailbroken to get functionality that previously didn't exist until iOS6. Namely, "Do Not Disturb", 3G for Facetime, Aussie locations for Siri, and Panoramic photos. Now I'm back to native iOS6 and not jailbroken, as I have no need.