What's new

Why do some Cydia apps work and others dont? iPhone 4

Wisiphone79

Reaction score
I just recently "jailbroke" my iPhone 4 with 4.2.6 update and so far I have been very happy with it. I installed a lot of "average" apps and so far it works great. I am having a problem with a lot of apps and winterboard theams not working. Like for example quickscroll and quickscroll 2 do nothing but close out safari when I double/triple tap, others like trying to change the keypad/dial pad color when I download and respring nothing happens it's the same default keypad/dial pad. I guess it just depends on what app/theam I try to use. Is this a common problem for the new iPhones or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help (love he iPhone :))

many themes on there where made for older iOS versions and have never been updated

Yeah I had a feeling that was possibly it. Do I have any options or just have to waite till apps are updated? I would hate to have to go through he process or "downgrading" re jailbreaking and having to go back and find all he stuff I have downloaded all over again. I shouldn't complain too much o been very happy there are just a few more I really want to get like quickscroll 2

many themes on there where made for older iOS versions and have never been updated

Yeah I had a feeling that was possibly it. Do I have any options or just have to waite till apps are updated? I would hate to have to go through he process or "downgrading" re jailbreaking and having to go back and find all he stuff I have downloaded all over again. I shouldn't complain too much o been very happy there are just a few more I really want to get like quickscroll 2

sometimes the contact info is list on the app details when your looking at it in cydia

You need to be careful what you're installing and must be compatible with your device and firmware. I learned my lesson a few times the hard way, freezing up the phone and losing jailbreak.

Yeah I found a few bad ones I removed right away when I could tell it slowed my iPhone down. Got lucky it didn't do any damage. The few apps I have are great best one so far has been biteSMS! well worth the "jailbreak" for that alone!

Yeah I found a few bad ones I removed right away when I could tell it slowed my iPhone down. Got lucky it didn't do any damage. The few apps I have are great best one so far has been biteSMS! well worth the "jailbreak" for that alone!

I actually like Tlert more... Everyone seems to love BiteSMS but I just like Tlert