What's new

Why can't my iPhone 3GS be detected in my computer?

michael29angelo

Reaction score
My iPhone 3GS 6.1.6 can't be detected by iTunes, computer, and other softwares.
  • I've already tried using another USB and another computer but it didn't work.
  • The screen of my phone is completely black.
  • Whenever I try entering DFU or recovery mode, it won't work.
  • I tried charging the phone but nothing appears on the screen.
What should I do? It is a second-hand phone and before these events happened, I've jailbroken this phone unsuccessfully. Please, help!

Hi! Thanks for your reply! I really can't access DFU mode. I do it correctly. My computer doesn't detect my iPhone 3GS. Even on other computers with iTunes.
There's only one reason for an inability to enter DFU mode and that's a hardware problem. If you exactly followed the directions for placing your iPhone into DFU mode and it won't, you should consider taking it to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store for a full diagnostic.

There's only one reason for an inability to enter DFU mode and that's a hardware problem. If you exactly followed the directions for placing your iPhone into DFU mode and it won't, you should consider taking it to the Genius Bar at an Apple Store for a full diagnostic.

Hi! Thanks for your reply! Where do you think is the exact problem?

Chances are it is a MotherBoard issue. The 3g phone is simply old and it does not like all the updates that are out there. For some reason, the update seems to kill the MB..