What's new

Who's buying the new Macbook Pro?!

You lost me there....I use an external trackpad as it is more comfortable for me.
Magic trackpads should work with new MacBooks shouldn't they?
I use the Magic Trackpad because it's better for creating graphics, it's just a lot more comfortable that the in-built trackpad on a MB.

The Magic Trackpad should indeed work with the new MacBooks, I would take it as a huge mistake on Apple's part if they didn't.

I use the Magic Trackpad because it's better for creating graphics, it's just a lot more comfortable that the in-built trackpad on a MB.

The Magic Trackpad should indeed work with the new MacBooks, I would take it as a huge mistake on Apple's part if they didn't.
It certainly would be.

Ah, I see what you mean. Ergonomics. That makes sense. So yes, that will use one of your ports. I can see hubs with both port types becoming popular.

Come to think of it, my USB 3 hub is not hard wired so replacing the USB 3 cable with a USB-C version will work.

Ah, I see what you mean. Ergonomics. That makes sense. So yes, that will use one of your ports. I can see hubs with both port types becoming popular.

Come to think of it, my USB 3 hub is not hard wired so replacing the USB 3 cable with a USB-C version will work.
I just remembered my external hard drive as well, That's a must for back ups so another reason for the new Macbooks being a thumbs down for me.

Just been doing some reading up on the new TouchBar. That thing certainly has more to it than initially meets the eye. It's essentially a computer within a computer. No wonder the price is up there.

Just been doing some reading up on the new TouchBar. That thing certainly has more to it than initially meets the eye. It's essentially a computer within a computer. No wonder the price is up there.
Yeah, I knew during the keynote that the Touch Bar was a large undertaking - its content changes as you move from one app to another. I wonder if Apple has opened it up to devs yet.. I could see it being utilized as a news ticker in a news/rss app, or a stock ticker even.

Yeah, I knew during the keynote that the Touch Bar was a large undertaking - its content changes as you move from one app to another. I wonder if Apple has opened it up to devs yet.. I could see it being utilized as a news ticker in a news/rss app, or a stock ticker even.

It's like most things that Apple do; limited only by the imagination. I read that it is essentially an iDevice within a macOS device, and should be considered as part of the computer, rather than as part of the screen.

People who complain that there's no longer any real innovation in recent Apple products rarely look deep enough beneath the surface to see how much really exists beneath the surface. Apple has the resources to spend whatever it takes to add new features to its computers in such a way that makes it look so easy to use.

You can spend more of your time using your computer instead of learning how to use it.

People who complain that there's no longer any real innovation in recent Apple products rarely look deep enough beneath the surface to see how much really exists beneath the surface. Apple has the resources to spend whatever it takes to add new features to its computers in such a way that makes it look so easy to use.

You can spend more of your time using your computer instead of learning how to use it.

It's likely because they are so easy to use that people don't realize how much has changed. There are also the Apple detractors who will continue to find fault with everything the company does, just for the sake of whining.

I read earlier that they took the "cowardly" way out because they kept the headphone socket on the new MBP. Well, I suppose that was a sideways dig at their use of the word "courage" when they got rid of it on the iPhone 7, but the author didn't seem to realize that the headphone socket on a Mac is also a very useful combination port, offering digital input/output as well as analog audio. It fits the bill of a port with multiple functions quite well.

And some people complain simply because tranquility is so foreign to them that they avoid it like the plague. They dig until they find something to complain about. These are the people who go around creating their own storms and then get upset when it rains.

And some people complain simply because tranquility is so foreign to them that they avoid it like the plague. They dig until they find something to complain about. These are the people who go around creating their own storms and then get upset when it rains.
They like to dish it out but don't like it when others do the same to them.

Seems to me that quote could be useful in most areas of life. How much simpler things could be if people just got on with things the way they are instead of attempting to change the world to fit their agenda?

Just done the calculation on pricing using the British Apple website and the American one. The 15" model retailing for US$2799 works out to be US$59 cheaper in the UK, using the present exchange rate of GBP1=USD1.21838

An iPad Pro 12.9" 256Gb works out to be $85 cheaper in the UK than in the US.