What's new

Who went for the Insurance?

Correction to my post above: I may have been misinformed as apple's site clearly states coverage for only phone/tech and parts not lost or damaged device.

Effective 2/3/11, equipment protection will be available for iPhone 4. The options and pricing details are the following:
Total Equipment Coverage (TEC) - $10.99
Includes Wireless Phone Protection and Extended Warranty
Wireless Phone Protection (WPP) - $9.18
Extended Warranty (EW) - $1.99
Deductibles for lost, stolen, damaged claims (TEC and WPP):
32GB - $199
16GB - $169
Note: EW claims do not have any deductible.

I added it for now, but will probably drop it at some point. It's a really expensive phone to replace at full retail should something terrible happen!

$10.99 a month and a $169 deductible... 10.99 for 24 months comes to $263.76 in a addition to a deductible, can almost by the phone at retail cost, got to love insurance.

There is still a heck of a difference between paying $432.76 and paying $749 plus tax.

Without insurance, i'd almost be afraid to use my device.

Over in the tipb forums, a user is stating that squaretrade makes you purchase a new iPhone with your own money then reimburses you after you send them the receipt. This is if they can't repair the phone and use the $50 deductible. I am thinking about dropping my insurance with them now as I don't trust this system. This has been verified by my own call to their customer service as well.

I went with SquareTrade, it got 2 yrs of coverage for $81 and the deductible in only $50. It does not cover lost or stolen but that was not a concern to me.

I bought the Squaretrade insurance but refunded it immediately after reading Apples OOW Service. From what I can tell, if my phone is unrepairable I can just pay $199 for a refurb? Think I'll take my chances with this.

Apple - Support - iPhone - Service FAQ

I went with Verizon insurance. Will drop it before the first year ends. After that I would only have ~8 months left on contract. Then I will get applecare for $69 right before the year is up.

Let's remember with verizons insurance you will get a refurbished unit. Not at first, but as soon as they get refurbs in stock, that is what you will get.

I had to carry the insurance because I know I would need it as soon as I didn't have it. Can't bring myself to not have it and face full retail.

I had to carry the insurance because I know I would need it as soon as I didn't have it. Can't bring myself to not have it and face full retail.

I agree, I can't risk going without insurance, if I canceled it, I would need it the next day...

I had it, but 10.99 is steep. I got rid of it. I kept the extended warranty(1.99/month) and figured if I drop it and crack it I can go to bigshoulderdevices.com or somewhere similar and replace those portions. I'm not worried about losing it because it's basically always in my hand lol

I just bought the Ensquared insurance today. I did not pay the extra for lost or stolen. I have the "Find my iPhone" free app and my homeowners insurance will cover my phone if it's stolen!

I have the insurance threw Verizon, i didnt get the apple care because if there is ever an issue with the phone all you have to do is go to an apple store and they will help solve any issues you have for free.