What's new

? Question about the insurance

1Cent

Reaction score
Hi, I'll be new to the iPhone and Verizon so I'm kind of a newbie.
My question is, does the full insurance thing for 10.99 still work (will they still fix it) if the iphone is jailbroken? Lets say I drop it, or the phone shuts off and stops working, will they still fix it if the iPhone is jailbroken?

Thanks for the support.

Hi, I'll be new to the iPhone and Verizon so I'm kind of a newbie.
My question is, does the full insurance thing for 10.99 still work (will they still fix it) if the iphone is jailbroken? Lets say I drop it, or the phone shuts off and stops working, will they still fix it if the iPhone is jailbroken?

Thanks for the support.

They did it for my rooted Droid, so i would imagine they would for a jailbroken IP. The only way i could see them not, is if it's part of their deal with Apple.

The insurance available for purchase through Verizon and the apple warranty are two separate things. I have the insurance and I am curious myself. My guess, is that unless "jailbreaking" the phone is specifically stated to be an Exclusion in the insurance contract it would be covered. When you purchase the insurance through Assurion, you get a packet with all the fine print for the insurance contract. Nobody ever bothers to read it, but am am sure there is a section outlining what is excluded. I doubt that "jailbreaking" is one of the exclusions. I wouldn't be surprised if it voids the apple warranty though.

The insurance even covers loss. So if it is jailbroken, just claim it as a "loss" and dont even bother trying to turn it in.

I am not real impressed with the insurance. It is 11.00 a month. I was in an accident and the back glass was broken. I applied for the insurance and they approved my claim but told me they were out of stock of my 32gig iphone 4. They said they would notify me when they came in. I had to pay 200 dollars for them to swap it once it came in stock. I got on ebay and found the back glass for anywhere between 15 and 35 dollars. I also found people on craigslist fixing iphones very cheap. Needless to say, I canceled my insurance claim and repaired it myself.