What's new

Broken iPhone 4 with lots of "issues"

BBradshaw

Reaction score
I recently cracked the front screen of my Verizon iPhone 4. I went on ebay and bought the replacement parts that I needed. I took the phone apart and replaced everything. The phone worked great for a day or 2 then all of a sudden became faulty. When the phone is not plugged into the charger, it will not boot up. Even when it is plugged into the charger it takes multiple attempts to boot up. When does finally boot up, I try to take it off the charger and it immediately powers off. I tried restoring it and it tells me that "iphone 4 could not be restored device isnt eligible for the requested build." I've tried doing the DFU mode trick as well as other troubleshoots but nothing works. I opened the device back up and noticed a problem with the motherboard. I can't find a replacement motherboard and have heard that even if I did find one, it would be very expensive. The phone is jailbroken which makes me scared to bring it into the Apple Store or Verizon Store. Should I just say the phone was stolen and try to see if Verizon gives me a replacement on insurance rather than risking bringing a jailbroken device in to either Apple or Verizon for repair? Should I break the phone so it doesn't even turn on so that they might not be able to notice the jailbreak? Will Apple open the phone up to see if I modded the inside of the phone as well? I don't know what to do!

Verizon or ATT and do you have insurance on it? If you do have insurance on it just put in a warranty claim and you wont have to worry weather or not they can tell you have JB the phone. Just say it fell from you car and it broke the screen and now it wont stay on. You just have to learn how to work the system.

It's verizon...i'm pretty sure i have insurance. do i bring the phone in to apple or verizon for the insurance claim or do I mail it in somewhere?

Just be careful because the horrible insurance that we have "asurion" charges 170 for a replacement unit. Trust me i been down that road twice my phones were attracted to the ground lol.