What's new

Who went for the Insurance?

Maze

Reaction score
For people who pre-ordered off the Verizon website who went with the Insurance? Also, does anyone know anything about the Apple Care?

I have read about a Warranty/Insurance program called Squaretrade. Has anyone used this?

I went with the insurance. I was not expecting the $3.18 monthly increase from the $6/month I was paying before. I also noticed the deductible went from $89 (Droid X) to $169. Inflation?

I went with the insurance. I was not expecting the $3.18 monthly increase from the $6/month I was paying before. I also noticed the deductible went from $89 (Droid X) to $169. Inflation?

I'm in the same boat, I too went with the insurance and was shocked at the increase in fees...

Official word is the Deductible is $199

199.99 deductable

Joe xxxxxxx
Verizon Wireless
Business Sales Associate

I've gone with the insurance at the moment as well. May change to another plan later, just wanted this in place initially.

I went with the $10.99 plan for both phones that I ordered. And I could have sworn it was a $169 replacement/deductible fee.

Also, my order confirmation that I printed out after ordering reflected this but the email confirmation that I recieved doesn't have it listed on it. Hmm... For now, I'll wait until I get something else showing one way or the other before I call in about it.

I don't know the details of the 10.99 insurance or the Applecare insurance, but applecare is a one time fee of $69, straight through apple, so sounds like that would be the way to go, although i am thinking of just getting the extended warranty.

$10.99 a month and a $169 deductible... 10.99 for 24 months comes to $263.76 in a addition to a deductible, can almost by the phone at retail cost, got to love insurance.

Thats still almost $170 saving from full retail on the 16gb or $270 on the 32gb. And more than likely your gonna only pay for about 18 months at most (if even that) so then your at about $230/$330 less than retail respectively. And it only works out better for ya if you have a claim sooner.

Disclaimer: Not that I am insinuating anything or promoting wrong doing.

Thats still almost $170 saving from full retail on the 16gb or $270 on the 32gb. And more than likely your gonna only pay for about 18 months at most (if even that) so then your at about $230/$330 less than retail respectively. And it only works out better for ya if you have a claim sooner.

Disclaimer: Not that I am insinuating anything or promoting wrong doing.

I would only use that logic if I was pretty sure I'd NEED to make a claim during the 2 years. For me, it's worth a pass on the insurance. If I do need to repurchase a the iphone, I will, because with all the phones I've had in the past, I'll still be way ahead.

I went with the $10.99 plan for both phones that I ordered. And I could have sworn it was a $169 replacement/deductible fee.

Also, my order confirmation that I printed out after ordering reflected this but the email confirmation that I recieved doesn't have it listed on it. Hmm... For now, I'll wait until I get something else showing one way or the other before I call in about it.

This is the same that happen to me, I wasn't sure if it was because the verizon insurance wasn't a real option so that is why it did not reflect on the confirmation, but my thoughts were along the same lines as yours, and that is to wait until it arrives and before I activated it I would call to confirm. I did a little research on the difference types of insurance and really needed something that covered, accidental damage, lost or stolen. Living in NYC these things are snatched from people on the train and so forth all the time and having the insurance will just bring me a piece of mind.

I ordered the minimum amount, but was offered $10.99 with a deductible of $169, I will most likely upgrade to this plan once I have the phone, I've never lost a phone, but as for being stolen, that is always a concern, unfortunately!