What's new

Who has the 16GB model?

I have here but its enough for me... but you don't know with great video capabilities and photo resolution the 16 GB might not be enough.. but as of now its ok

@poison. I wonder that as well. Supposedly iPhones don't get bloat ware that is carrier based but who knows. I do know however that there are minor files that get added on that are carrier specific but those are small files and wouldn't make too much a difference.

@Mark. And there's that as well. Cameras are getting better which doesn't necessarily mean higher resolution or bigger files but it might mean people will be inclined to take more pictures and videos. I for one wasn't huge on using the camera for either with any of the previous iPhones but with my 6+ I enjoy it more. Definitely takes up space.

I wonder also if it depends where you get your phone from, I buy mine direct from Apple so there is only the OS and the apps Apple put on but years ago I used to buy phones that were tied to a network and they were full of bloatware that the network installed, That bloatware took up quite a bit of space as I remember.
I'm in the UK so it might be different here.
I get mine from Apple also but it is subsidized. No bloat ware from my wireless provider. But the apple apps (Garage Band, & all the others they included in IOS 8) added a little over 5 GB to what had been used on my previous phone (IPhone 5). But that is my American phone experience and we know they treat every country differently.

I get mine from Apple also but it is subsidized. No bloat ware from my wireless provider. But the apple apps (Garage Band, & all the others they included in IOS 8) added a little over 5 GB to what had been used on my previous phone (IPhone 5). But that is my American phone experience and we know they treat every country differently.
I wish Apple would allow us to delete the apps they put on, It seems unfair to foist these mostly useless apps on and not be able to get rid of them and free up precious space.

Actually, you can delete keynote, numbers, pages and imovie as well as garage band and I may do so if I find I am not using them. But tips and health we are stuck with.

Actually, you can delete keynote, numbers, pages and imovie as well as garage band and I may do so if I find I am not using them. But tips and health we are stuck with.
Who uses Compass and Stocks, I certainly don't, Then there's Podcasts.

Who uses Compass and Stocks, I certainly don't, Then there's Podcasts.
I use the Podcasts app quite a bit. I like classic radio shows and there are podcasts for quite a few. I also subscribe to the Apple Keynotes podcast to watch some of the older podcasts.

Music and videos photos (granted I cloud them) apps I have to have it added up for me

Now I'm using a 5s 16GB from about an year, and before I had 2 and a half year a 4 16 GB. And I was always happy about!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16gig was all I ever used prior to the 6 line up on iPhones... Not iPads just phones