What's new

Hi, I am new to the Apple family, have a few questions!

Ok I do not know if this is the same thing or not so sorry. can't He just go in to settings iCloud storage buy more storage. so he can have more room. In instead of waiting to get the 64gb iPhone 6 plus ? Thank you

Ok I do not know if this is the same thing or not so sorry. can't He just go in to settings iCloud storage buy more storage. so he can have more room. In instead of waiting to get the 64gb iPhone 6 plus ? Thank you
Yes, That's what I will do if I need more storage.
I also use Dropbox when I need to, Dropbox is a free app too.

Last edited:

I have 20GB of iCloud storage, 1TB of Onedrive storag, 50GB of BoxNet Storage, and 10-15GB of Google Drive storage. Still, this doesn't relieve the need for device storage for me, as cloud storage comes at the price of having to download stuff all the time. Even if you are on wifi 100% of the time, the finite download time is an implemented, at least for me. I do find it useful for viewing photos that I don't want to keep on my device, but I like apps, and I want them handy when the mood hits me. Also, if you store movies on the cloud and stream them, considering the can be 1-2 GB in size, that makes you wifi bound or you have to use cellular, and that is costly in terms of time and possibly $$. So, to me, the cloud solution works for some types of things, but isn't always a solution to on-device storage, depending on how you like to roll.

The more time people spend downloading large files on anything other than home wifi (meaning only inside your home, not from outside to inside your home), the more capacity will be needed and the carriers are just going to get greedier and greedier as they try to adapt to increase usage. Hence, more $$. Just like how it is getting to be now when everyone want to stream Netflix in the evenings....and bandwidth starts to drop for everyone. Traditional cable based TV works better than the streaming over the internet solution. We are going to end up paying a lot more cash for services if we insist on streaming everything over the internet.