What's new

Leak Reveals Apple iPhone 6S Could Have Smaller Battery and Still Has a 16GB Model

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
cnerz-gu8aa2qb5.jpg

According to the (supposedly) leaked retail packaging in the image above, the iPhone 6S not only still has a 16GB version, it also comes with a smaller battery. Earlier rumors suggested Apple had finally decided to up the base model storage of the iPhone 6S to 32GB. If the retail packaging leak is legitimate, then that rumor is wrong, as it clearly states a 16GB model. Digging deeper into the document, the source of this story also found the smaller battery.

Of course, while some users might be unhappy with the storage space rumor being refuted, the smaller battery may not really be an issue. The new generation A9 chip in the iPhone 6S is supposedly more battery efficient. On top of that, iOS 9 may also have some software improvements to battery usage. This could actually end up making the iPhone 6S lighter, yet still having the same or better battery life than its predecessor.

What do you think? Are either of these feature issues important to you?

Source: BGR

I for one will be hugely disappointed if there is still a 16GB and no 32GB.

Also, making the battery smaller every time they increase the power efficiency of the device is the wrong way to go. Keep the bigger battery and maybe you'll get 2-3 day battery life.

The iPhone 6 is already too thin for me, so I'd gladly have a slightly fatter iPhone with better battery life.

Apple has improved the efficiency of the processor in the 6S, but nothing about a better lower current draw retina screen. Screen time is screen time eating away at the battery.

Why Apple hasn't listened to their customers about short battery life is beyond me.

Of course we don't know yet if this is fact.
Hopefully it isn't.