What's new

Who bought their 4S's without pre-ordering? Where might I have luck?

GoPackGo

Reaction score
Tomorrow, November 20th, I am finally eligible for an upgrade at Verizon. I can throw my crappy Android phone out the window and get an iPhone. I've been wanting one ever since Verizon got the iPhone 4. I'm pretty excited.

But as most of you probably know, it seems no one has them in stock. I was wondering if any of you actually walked in someplace and bought one, and where that was. Or what stores you think I'll have my best chance at finding one.

I want the 16GB white (I think, I'm still not ENTIRELY sure).

Any help would be appreciated. It's not a super huge deal if I have to order it and wait, but I'd REALLY rather walk in and buy one tomorrow!

(Cross-posted in the iPad forum off-topic thread)

From what I've read... most people are having luck w/ Verizon phones by getting them @ the Apple store. When it boils down to it... just call ahead of time & see what stores have any in stock.

Two friends of mine both walked into the local Verizon this past week and purchased white 64GB units. They were both told only the 32GB units in each color were out of stock. So it's worth a shot.

From what I've read... most people are having luck w/ Verizon phones by getting them @ the Apple store. When it boils down to it... just call ahead of time & see what stores have any in stock.
My brother went to the Verizon kiosk at the Mall of America on launch day and waited 3 weeks for his. Apparently Verizons here are out of stock, but maybe not in all size/colors.

I plan on calling the stores I know have them, I just wanted to know if there was a store/place that usually had them. :)

Two friends of mine both walked into the local Verizon this past week and purchased white 64GB units. They were both told only the 32GB units in each color were out of stock. So it's worth a shot.
Hmm alright. It's a Christmas present from my parents (my $ is very low) and they'll only buy me the 16, which will work for me since my iPad is a 16. Let's hope they have the 16's in. :) (Haven't COMPLETELY decided if I want the white, though I think I do.)

I would go to the Apple Store. I got mine there a week after it was released and they had both AT&T and Verizon when neither carrier had any in my area.

I would go to the Apple Store. I got mine there a week after it was released and they had both AT&T and Verizon when neither carrier had any in my area.
Oh, good.. Because Best Buy and the Apple store are the closest to me and are right across the street from each other.

Did u check online on Verizon site? This morning I was curious and it seems the white 16 gig was actually only one they had.

I live on LI NY and stock is not a problem, every time a friend goes out to get a phone ( AT&tT or Verizon) they are able to get the iPhone they are looking for
Apple I feel did a great job with stocking stores

Did u check online on Verizon site? This morning I was curious and it seems the white 16 gig was actually only one they had.
I didn't, but last time I checked they didn't have any. But that was a week or so ago.

I live on LI NY and stock is not a problem, every time a friend goes out to get a phone ( AT&tT or Verizon) they are able to get the iPhone they are looking for
Apple I feel did a great job with stocking stores
Awesome, because my parents have a hang up with wanting to go into a Verizon store.

You could walk into an apple store and they give little index cards with the color, size, and company you want, then you just get in line to check it out. I bought 5 like that!

I was able to walk in at a Best Buy and get a white 32gb iPhone 4s 2 weeks ago exactly. I got the last one of this size, and it was about 7p Sat, after I got off work.

If Apple doesn't have it, you might check Best Buy.
Awesome, thank you. Just hope I can find somewhere that has it.

You could walk into an apple store and they give little index cards with the color, size, and company you want, then you just get in line to check it out. I bought 5 like that!
Hope my Apple store has em tomorrow!

I bought mine at Target. They have a cell phone department (which I believe is run by radio shack). Worth a shot, I called ahead. They had a 16 in white and set it aside for me. Good luck!

Just an FYI for all each apple store reports their available stock on the apple web site at 9pm each evening. You can then reserve one for the next day if they are in stock at your local store.

I personally LOVE white iPhone n iPad lol
Never mind the iPods lol my house has mp3 hook ups everywhere love music:)
Enjoy!!!