What's new

White iPhone 4 having a screen has a yellow tint ?

iPhoneDiva

Reaction score
Does anybody on here personally have this problem with the white iPhone 4 ?
The screen having a yellow tint to it compared to the black one?

thanks

I have the white iPhone 4 and for me look great the only thing I could notice was the front camera look more brighter than the black of my wife....

I have the white iPhone 4 and for me look great the only thing I could notice was the front camera look more brighter than the black of my wife....

are you on verizon?

All the iPhones are not having the same screens since it's not only one company which produce the screens for Apple, there are 2 different companies which produce the screen part for Apple iPhones, thus you will find that there are most of the time, some iPhones with a whiter screen and some with a yellow tint, is it an issue? perhaps but whenever you take it to apple store for a replacement, you will not be able to prove that your screen is having a yellow tint simply because the light they have in the apple will prevent you to prove your point. This happened to me with my old iPhone 4, i ended up living with it like that. But you can always try to go to apple and see, they might understand your concern and agree to help since this is a known issue and is everywhere on internet too.

The yellow tint and dead pixels are known issues with iPhone 4 that being said you shouldn't have any problems taking it in to an Apple store. You could also call 1800myapple in advance and see if they can open a ticket for you.

The iPhone "yellow tint" is a nebulous issue. It varies with the lighting where you are and the screen data you're looking at. My iPhone 4 "seems" yellow at times, in certain situations, but then looks normal in most other lighting situations. You'll have to live with it for a while to see how it varies, and if it really is "yellow" all or most of the time, then the Apple Store is the place to go for a replacement.

I have the white iPhone and have not encountered/noticed this issue, nor have I held mine up to someone's black one.

Apple will replace the phone for this. Take it to a Apple store and compare it to the floor models.