What's new

White iPhone 4 Finally Arrived! Unboxing Inside!

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v7zTtsxhOA[/ame]​

So about a week ago I shipped out my brand new iPhone 4 32GB, in black(obviously), to a company called iFix Direct. What they will do is charge you $179.99 and you get nothing. Just kidding, for $179.99 you can get your black iPhone 4 parts swapped out for white ones. Now this is a little bit on the expensive side, but if you are wanted a white iPhone as bad as I did, you would dish out the cash.

Either that or you're just looking for attention...

Anyways, the whole process was pretty straight forward, they send you an envelope, you mail it, and get your iPhone 4 back in white. Afterwards, they will email you, asking you if you wanted to sell your black parts to them. Now this can take off almost 50% of the $179.99 price tag. If your parts are in good condition, you may only be paying around $100 for the swap. $100 isn't too much if you are looking for a great conversation starter at a party or a social gathering, or maybe you're just looking to have the cool, sleek, sexy, white iPhone 4.

Full review coming soon.

Get It Here:
http://www.iFixDirect.com

Just so you guys know, the parts are original and the reason Apple hasn't officially released the white iPhone 4 is due to manufacturing defects in the discoloration of the iPhone 4 home button which is what we are working on fixing now.

The LCD assmebly it self costs $100 and the back piece $50. If you take a look at what the other people are charing, you will laugh then. We are trying to get our service out there which is why there is such a low cost fee for the repair. In-fact we are loosing money right now instead of making it.

Our initial goal was to try and help communities like these but by the looks of it, it seems that criticism avails. We appreciate all your feedback but please assumptions based on zero facts is absolutely not necessary. We buy the old parts to help make this service more affordable and to re-use them in our future repairs...WE DO NOT BUY broken iPhones and re-sell them.

If you have any questions or you want to address any concerns, you can always call us at 1-888-383-7198 or visit ifixdirect.com. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to hear more!

PS: I have not yet seen one service company that changes the charger connector and the headphone jack but after seeing Phi's review we have addressed the issue and will be offering that as well soon.

Last edited:
nice, I wonder if they ship to Europe... I did some searching and nothing came up with iFix Direct when I looked em up on google, do they have a web or something?

Last edited:
lol thats crazy, all that extra cash just for a white phone? the white one looks ugly any way ;p

but thats very good for those who really wanted the white, i bet lots will be willing to pay just like you, instead of waiting for apple to release it

definitely I would pay I like it... but cant get info on them and if they ship to Europe

Wow what an expensive way to turn a classy solid bit of kit into a girly toy looking phone. Congrats!

On the web site it say's they use official parts, if all the official Apple parts are available now then why isn't the official Apple white iPhone 4 out yet?

Wow what an expensive way to turn a classy solid bit of kit into a girly toy looking phone. Congrats!

On the web site it say's they use official parts, if all the official Apple parts are available now then why isn't the official Apple white iPhone 4 out yet?

Apple doesn't sell parts to anybody. So any white or black repaired phone is OEM anymore.... And your warranty voided.

lol thats crazy, all that extra cash just for a white phone? the white one looks ugly any way ;p

but thats very good for those who really wanted the white, i bet lots will be willing to pay just like you, instead of waiting for apple to release it

I know right :))

Those kits are sold on ebay for like $60 :))

Right on!!!

Apple doesn't sell parts to anybody. So any white or black repaired phone is OEM anymore.... And your warranty voided.

So wait a minute, people are actually sending off their black iPhone 4's to this company, you pay them a hefty price and in return they swap all your official Apple black parts with unofficial white parts? But wait, they offer to give you some money back if they can KEEP your official Apple black parts? Hahahaha

Phil has even said in his video that it's not even a complete swap over, they haven't changed the parts inside the head phone jack or the charging USB port, plus the home button isn't the same white as the rest of the phone.

That's madness, if this is true then anyone who uses this service is clearly a fool.

So wait a minute, people are actually sending off their black iPhone 4's to this company, you pay them a hefty price and in return they swap all your official Apple black parts with unofficial white parts? But wait, they offer to give you some money back if they can KEEP your official Apple black parts? Hahahaha

Phil has even said in his video that it's not even a complete swap over, they haven't changed the parts inside the head phone jack or the charging USB port, plus the home button isn't the same white as the rest of the phone.

That's madness, if this is true then anyone who uses this service is clearly a fool.

they probably make money from the original parts or something, but for those who really want the white its worth it for them. i wouldent do that in a million yrs either but i never wanted the white phone

they probably make money from the original parts or something, but for those who really want the white its worth it for them. i wouldent do that in a million yrs either but i never wanted the white phone

Well it's obvious how they make money, charging you a hefty price for the service/parts. And you can bet your life that the parts they are replacing the official parts with aren't as good quality as official parts. This is the main thing that would bother me, It basically wouldn't be an official iPhone 4 any more as it's made out of cheaper parts that are simply a copy of the real thing. May as well just buy one of them knock off Chinese white iPhone 4's, as essentially that's what your turning your iPhone 4 into.

Then if they can get some official Apple parts from customers willing to sell them on to them, man they must be laughing!

Well it's obvious how they make money, charging you a hefty price for the service/parts. And you can bet your life that the parts they are replacing the official parts with aren't as good quality as official parts. This is the main thing that would bother me, It basically wouldn't be an official iPhone 4 any more as it's made out of cheaper parts that are simply a copy of the real thing. May as well just buy one of them knock off Chinese white iPhone 4's, as essentially that's what your turning your iPhone 4 into.

Then if they can get some official Apple parts from customers willing to sell them on to them, man they must be laughing!

exactly! they make good money from ppl desperate enough to want white and not care about the cheap parts they might use, who knows what they use but at that price you would expect nothing but official parts quality, though if i really badly wanted the white and had the black i would just wait for the white and ask apple to trade it. though when the lady told me only white when i pre ordered i told the lady good white looks ugly lol but if it where the other way round and there where only whites i would of been tempted with such an offer, not at this high price though.

If they were official Apple parts then I can understand the attraction, the fact they are not just bemuses me, your paying for a service which essentially reduces the value of your iPhone 4, why? Because it's now made up of parts that you have no guarantee on the quality. You also have no idea where they have picked this replacements parts up from, have they been tested? No. Have they been through any kind of Apple testing/quality control procedures? No.

It won't be long before these web sites are producing all kinds of different coloured casing. Hmm a blue iPhone 4 for me please lol

the cases from ivogue can make it look white and you dont lose the original casing and void warranty but jailbreak does that and most here jailbreak, in fact if any one but me does not jailbreak i will be surprised.

though i fully agree with you i would never do it. you dont know if it will break