What's new

White iPhone 4 Finally Arrived! Unboxing Inside!

I always sell on my phone before I buy a new one. I do my best to keep them in great condition as it will mean I get a better price when I finally sell it. If I was to send it off and replace it with unofficial white parts I just wonder how much it would affect the re-sale value.

I mean I couldn't lie and say it was an official white iPhone 4 because it clearly wouldn't be. As described in the video certain parts haven't been replaced and the home button isn't the same colour white as the rest of the casing. Plus by the time I would sell it on the Official white one will be out anyway, making my offer seem even less attractive.

i never sell my phones i break them and then buy a new one, if you lie and ppl find out then thats not good for you

I do think it's fair to note "original" parts are not OEM and made by Apple. So as Roy stated you could never truthfully sell it as a white OEM phone. But still a cool option if that's what you like.
You do realize that Apple parts are all made by Chinese factories? These same factories supply our parts...

There are thousands of factories in china that sell half and 3/4 rate products. The ones actually making the "real OEM" parts have contracts with and are funded by Apple and do not sell parts. I'm not saying your parts are not of good quality. It's just fair to note they don't come from apple. Even your website says "OEM Quality" not "OEM".

Absolutely agree with the contracts which is why we pay such a high price for these parts. You can go and buy a kit right now for $180-$250 and you will receive what is called a "high copy". There are standards: regular copy, high copy, and original. People who are selling these kits charge a crap load of money for a part that's a good copy. We cannot disclose our supplier but i will tell you this much, we can make much more money selling copies or high copies and people will not notice the difference instead we purchase original parts. We say OEM quality because legally you're not allowed to claim it as it does not officially exist.

We have done our research very well, understand this: Our goal is to provide an opportunity for people to get a white iphone which may never even come out. Rumors are rumors, facts are facts. The fact is, we have the tools and resources to make your iPhone look white without you loosing the quality feel of your original parts.

We just do not appreciate when people accuse us of carrying parts that are knock offs which degrade your iPhone. I've seen many comments (not just here) comparing us to other brands such as iResq and a few others. What it comes down is the looks and how long it will last. Our warranty is for a year in-case the part stops working so for those who believe that you just get screwed off when it breaks, you're wrong again.

Information provided has to be based on facts, this is something I'm trying to provide here and i hope that the future feedback will built with constructive criticism.

nice, I wonder if they ship to Europe... I did some searching and nothing came up with iFix Direct when I looked em up on google, do they have a web or something?
The name is together "Ifixdirect" which is why its not pulling up but thats a great suggestion and i will make some search engine adjustments. As far as international swaps go, i'm concerned for the customs taking the iPhone away however we could ship you the physical parts and the tools if you wish to attempt to swap it your self. If you have any issues or questions, you can always call us toll free at 18883837198.

So what your saying is, that you have an agreement with the factory who manufactures the official white Apple parts. And this factory supplies you with the parts which you sell to us?

Would apple not have some kind of exclusivity with the factory on their parts?

So what your saying is, that you have an agreement with the factory who manufactures the official white Apple parts. And this factory supplies you with the parts which you sell to us?

Would apple not have some kind of exclusivity with the factory on their parts?
What i'm saying is we have a supplier who sells us original white iphone parts.

nice, I wonder if they ship to Europe... I did some searching and nothing came up with iFix Direct when I looked em up on google, do they have a web or something?
The name is together "Ifixdirect" which is why its not pulling up but thats a great suggestion and i will make some search engine adjustments. As far as international swaps go, i'm concerned for the customs taking the iPhone away however we could ship you the physical parts and the tools if you wish to attempt to swap it your self. If you have any issues or questions, you can always call us toll free at 18883837198.

That's cool. Do you have a price for just the parts and the tools? I'm sure a lot of people in England would be interested?

so for us europeans the ones who really want it white, can they have this service or is it us only?

nice that eu has some options also. by the time apple offers white there will be an iphone 5. they did not take this long with the 3gs white did they

so for us europeans the ones who really want it white, can they have this service or is it us only?
The only thing that concerns me is customs, have anyone ever shipped their iPhone overseas and had it returned? I've heard a few stories where the phones get stolen. I will do some more research on this subject.

fair enough. one last Question. if apple is un able to put the white cases on the home button problem what ever it is, how come your able to do it?:) you should be doing it for apple so they can get their white phones out there ;p

but i think its really good service the ability to have the white when so many ppl want it badly and had to settle for the black

And apple have now delayed the White iPhone until spring 2011. But ifix direct have the original parts now. Still seems fishy to me...

spring 2011? thats just before we see the iphone 5 lol im glad it was not the black that had the delay..

interested in the second kit with full accents (charge connector + head phone jack). ready to buy today! thanks

Hi iFixit,

I already have the iPhone 4 white backplate. Just wondering how much would you charge to swap the front to white on my phone?

Thanks and hope to hear back from you soon.