What's new

White iPhone 4 Finally Arrived! Unboxing Inside!

I've ordered the full conversion service from them and my phone was due to arrive today, however they're blaming the post office and the post office is blaming them.

So right now, my phone is stuck in limbo, it's been gone almost a week and USPS claims they haven't even given them the package yet... beginning to get really antsy about this.

I've ordered the full conversion service from them and my phone was due to arrive today, however they're blaming the post office and the post office is blaming them.

So right now, my phone is stuck in limbo, it's been gone almost a week and USPS claims they haven't even given them the package yet... beginning to get really antsy about this.
We are experiencing a lot of issues with USPS...in fact you're one of the many customers who have had that same problem. We pay so much money to them to overnight it and it always gets delayed by a day or two. I've been speaking to the manager over at our local USPS and she has promised us that the shipment will improve, in-fact she will personally process our boxes that are labeled EMS. We are truly sorry for this delays, i know from personal experience what it is like to be without a phone, especially your iPhone. We are working on another service feature as well, replacement units. In-fact we have shipped one out to our customer to see how it will come along.

We are always happy to repair any issues that may occur with the iPhone, it is always more comfortable if you're local. We have also dedicated a few more team members to test the phones fully (Each and every function) before sending them out because it seems in some orders, we miss a thing or two. This should be ironed out very soon so just bare with us.

We do apologize sincerely for the poor shipping service provided on behalf of USPS and a few of the defects that our customers have experienced. As i said earlier, we are going to iron out these issues ASAP.

Last edited:
My experience has been horrible. This is not about ifixdirect because I have never used it yet. I was person who wanted White conversion. So, I bought phone from AT&T(16gb,week 42 manufactured). Then, after three days, I sent it in to IRESQ. Then, they couldn't get the proximity sensor working. They tried for 3 days(so they say) and returned it to me. Then, on the day I recieved it and I sent it to MILLIAMP. They coudn't get the Proximity sensor work with white plate(black plate worked fine). So, I got refunded. Then, when the phone arrived from those two places, these were the problem.
1. The phone was not charging. The wall charger didn't work, can't connect to itune, etc. But they do turn on when I plug the wall charger when phone is off.
2. The home button lost clicky feeling. At first I thought it was just me, but after changed my phone at the AT&T, the new iphone definately had clicky feel.

Due to those two reasons, I couldn't use the phone and thank goodness that I just bought the phone 2weeks ago, I went to AT&T and said I want to return and upgrade to 32gb and had to pay the restocking fee and the differences.

Now, I have new working 32gb black iphone(I don't think i need 32gb but this was only way to change the phone). I don't know if I want to try white conversion again.
Did anyone had same problem(like proximity doesn't work, or when the phone returned, there was problem)?
Maybe i should just keep black.

My proximity sensor doesn't work at all. I got my conversion from ifixdirect. I don't think it's completely their fault, it seems that other people getting white conversions have had the same problem. Maybe this is why Apple delayed the white? I did some research and it seems that there is some kind of metallic sticker over the inside of the proximity sensor, and if removed it should work on the white. (do a search on youtube for white iPhone 4 proximity sensor). It looks too complicated for me to attempt myself though, and I don't think I want to send my phone out again.

Wow a white IPhone Looks fantastic, I'm not sure if I want one though since I still like the sleek look of my black Iphone. But I see how unique it will be. I'm still weighing if it's really worth it. I think I'll stick with my black Iphone for a couple of months until I get tired of it then go out and get it all white outed. :D

I have to admit it does look really good in white, worth the money in my eyes??? maybe not...

and what is taking apple so long to release the white iphone !? maybe the rumours are true and they are holding out for verizon !

I have to admit it does look really good in white, worth the money in my eyes??? maybe not...

and what is taking apple so long to release the white iphone !? maybe the rumours are true and they are holding out for verizon !

notice on the apple website they dont even have the white iphone 4 showing any more, it used to say un available for blah blah.... but now there isent even one on the site..

iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS - Apple Store (U.S.) - us

iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS - Apple Store (UK) - uk

so its not likely apple will offer it any time soon, i think until spring... but well see

We are experiencing a lot of issues with USPS...in fact you're one of the many customers who have had that same problem. We pay so much money to them to overnight it and it always gets delayed by a day or two. I've been speaking to the manager over at our local USPS and she has promised us that the shipment will improve, in-fact she will personally process our boxes that are labeled EMS. We are truly sorry for this delays, i know from personal experience what it is like to be without a phone, especially your iPhone. We are working on another service feature as well, replacement units. In-fact we have shipped one out to our customer to see how it will come along.

We are always happy to repair any issues that may occur with the iPhone, it is always more comfortable if you're local. We have also dedicated a few more team members to test the phones fully (Each and every function) before sending them out because it seems in some orders, we miss a thing or two. This should be ironed out very soon so just bare with us.

We do apologize sincerely for the poor shipping service provided on behalf of USPS and a few of the defects that our customers have experienced. As i said earlier, we are going to iron out these issues ASAP.

Thanks for the response... If I could I'd like to suggest UPS... FedEx is just as bas as USPS if not worse. My phone finally showed up on the radar, hoping it arrives today/tomorrow.

Hey everybody! So I JUST got my white iPhone 4 back from iFix Direct, and it was the subject of a full conversion, including headphone jack and dock connector. As far as I know I'm one of the first public customers to get this done. I'll post a full video review ASAP, but here are some quick impressions:

1. Proximity sensor works no problem! I was surprised about this, I didn't expect it to work.

2. Photos taken don't seem washed out or in any way compromised, though I haven't tested low light (it's not dark here yet)

3. The home button is definitely a slightly different shade than the bezel, but it's not really that jarring... and I think it may just have to do with the difference in materials used.

Overall so far I'm very impressed, I have no reason to think these aren't OEM parts. Here's a quick photo snapped with my buddy's iPhone. I'll get higher quality shots soon.

73090_1730927992462_1216372471_1934210_136972_n.jpg

very nice, another satisfied customer :D

share the video when you make it so we can see

Looks great, and yes, you are one of the first to have the full conversion, look forward to your video, make sure you use a super macro setting to get those close up shots of the dock and headphone port. I have all these parts too, just waiting for the speaker mesh right now before I carry out the conversion by myself.

Am going to get some decent shots of the phone tonight if my buddy and his DSLR are home. Will shoot the video review tonight as well.

It is funny that the white iPhone has been removed from Apples website. I was in an Apple store today. And they still have the pictures of it and the description in the price right along side the black iPhone.