What's new

White iPhone 4 Finally Arrived! Unboxing Inside!

Hey guys, video review is still incoming. The day job prevents me from having much fun... My roomie had his DSLR though and I snagged the following shots for you:

First, the finished product:

149678_1732998164215_1216372471_1937730_7047684_n.jpg

Dock Connector:

148837_1732997844207_1216372471_1937727_7853971_n.jpg

Headphone Jack:

148480_1732998084213_1216372471_1937729_879309_n.jpg

Back:

73650_1732997684203_1216372471_1937725_1081140_n.jpg

And one more:

149867_1732997524199_1216372471_1937723_8249810_n.jpg

Video review will be coming shortly... any questions? Just ask!

Last edited:
Looks great. Did you convert it yourself? If so, how difficult was it to change the dock, and headphone connectors?

Yea just don't get it from these guys. Their lack of communication, delayed responses, and lies of overnight shipping equals two thumbs down in customer service. I ordered parts two weeks ago, was told of overnight shipping last week to make up of lost time...still waiting. I'd rather be told there was a backorder instead of promises that can't be kept.

Yea just don't get it from these guys. Their lack of communication, delayed responses, and lies of overnight shipping equals two thumbs down in customer service. I ordered parts two weeks ago, was told of overnight shipping last week to make up of lost time...still waiting. I'd rather be told there was a backorder instead of promises that can't be kept.

We do apologize for our delays, what's your order number and name? I'll make sure that it's first thing going out when our stock arrives tomorrow. Please understand that we are not ignoring your requests but rather have a lack of time to catch up on all the messages and calls we missed. I'm sending you a pm message now

Did you guys get stock yet for the full white conversion? I was told you would have stock by Saturday and that I'd get a call to come in for the service, I still have not received any call.

I'm not sure if they're related in anyway but theres been blogs about someone from NY being investigated for selling converted white iP4's. Now, this might just be a coincidence but when I talked through PM's, he told me he was located in NY. Sooooooo...... ionno, like I said it could be the same person or it could just be a weird coincidence.

Just a word of caution people..

lol thats crazy, all that extra cash just for a white phone? the white one looks ugly any way ;p

but thats very good for those who really wanted the white, i bet lots will be willing to pay just like you, instead of waiting for apple to release it

I know right :))

Those kits are sold on ebay for like $60 :))

Except the quality from eBay is really crappy....

I'm not sure if they're related in anyway but theres been blogs about someone from NY being investigated for selling converted white iP4's. Now, this might just be a coincidence but when I talked through PM's, he told me he was located in NY. Sooooooo...... ionno, like I said it could be the same person or it could just be a weird coincidence.

Just a word of caution people..

NY is one of the largest cities in the world... but I paid the $50 premium to have my package shipped via DHL and I'm still waiting on it as we still speak

well I finally got something from them, too bad it was a half-ass order. they forgot to send me my headphone jack and dock connector, im not surprised. their excuse was that the order got mixed up with a similar address. now im back waiting again. plus i ordered a second front white and the quality looks nothing like the first, it's actually pretty bad. im quite disappointed, ill have to post pics later. looks like these guys made their money already and now just don't give a

so besides their so-called great customer service, here are 4 issues i had with their product. i had purchase two white front's, the first one i received pretty much look legit. i was gonna take photos originally and post some good reviews, but this one didn't have the speaker mesh on it so onto the next. unfortunately my second white front looked like this:

SAM_0296.jpg

1. glass wasn't completely flush with white bezel frame

SAM_0295.jpg

another angle

SAM_0298.jpg

2. my second front plate had a different discoloration from my first back plate. notice the bezel frame is a bit off-white or a bit yellowish

SAM_0301.jpg

3. comparing the two front's, my second one looks like cheap parts were ordered during their backorder just to get sh!t done. second one is on the left. proximity holes are much larger (which prolly benifits the sensor) and again notice the crappy super glue excess on the top of the frame.

SAM_0305.jpg

4. and finally when i got turned on, the lcd was a bit off centered. but atleast its not crooked, i can live with that.

We've been having a similar discussion on the another forum. I sent my phone to them last Thursday, they didn't get it until Wednesday, and now I've been waiting for it to get back to me since Thursday. IT's true that USPS sucks, and I give iFix the benefit of the doubt, since they kinda blew up realy fast and have maybe bitten off a little more than they can chew. But, since I saw the pictures of the glass not being flush with the plastic surround and very clearly different proximity sensor holes makes me worry that their QC is headed downhill.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have noticed many growing concerns on this forum and some others. One thing i would like to say for sure is we are not here for the quick money. We are here to provide a service beyond the colorswap, an affordable repair service for people who do not know where to go when their iPhone is broken.

Now as some of you have mentioned, the quality of the parts have went down drastically. This might be some of the units that were defected and just overlooked, if you're not happy with them please contact us to discuss options on a replacement. We do apologize for the hassle that it may have caused you and we are here to answer for each one of our mistakes. In-fact the new inventory that we are receiving should show improvements and if there are more defects then we will be looking for a new supplier who can meet our customer's standards.

I have to sincerely admit that we have been overwhelmed with the volume of orders and this is a reason that some of you are experiencing delays in your parts shipments. We have heard many of your concerns and we are working through the night to make sure your questions are answered and your requests fulfilled. We have expanded our official staff, we are engineering a more affluent tracking system, and we are building a stronger warranty system. A lot of changes are coming, we just hope you're here to stick it through with us.

For those who have been disappointed with our service, please accept our most honest apologies. If we can ask a minute of your time to address all your concerns at [email protected],we would highly appreciate it. Here at iFixDirect, we made a commitment to our customers and we will stand by it as long as our brand exists.

On a personal note,
I do not believe that a business's success is based in profit margins, sales, or volume. Success of our business lies in the hands of customers like you because nobody else would of known about who we are if you did not tell your story.

Last edited:
I have faith, I purchased last night so hopefully all goes well with my phone..