What's new

Which phone would you recommend?

Robinelli

Reaction score
I am considering an iphone but I am not sure about it. it seems like the iphone 4 is fragile but I am not sure what the 3gs has to offer. I have the top of the line android phone now and it is amazing other than the gps. If it were working properly I wouldn't be looking around. The video calling on iphone 4 is also enticing. So my question is.... If you were in the market now, what would you recommend and why? Thanks!

The 3GS is just as fragile as is any other touch screen phone out there today. The iphone4 definitely isn't indestructible but the fix for that is to not drop it. I have an iphone4 now but my previous 3GS was dropped several times and it still works just fine. It all depends on how high you drop it from and how it lands.
I would recommend the iphone4 to anyone, reception issue and all. The camera picture quality (still and video), FaceTime, and beautiful screen are top notch.

Yea, just go for the iphone4! There are too many improvements not to pass up.... HD video,Hi Rez screen,faster processor..ect. If your really worried about the glass just buy squaretrade for $99. Or a case.. :)

if your going to get an iphone i would not settle for something already from last year. the iphone 4 is amazing and not fragile at all, i spilled water on my twice now and its working perfectly :D.. the iphone 4 has so much more then the 3gs brick phone. the 4 feels nice in your hands also. they have a comparison on the apple website you might want to check it out see if it suits you better. maybe you would be happy with the 3gs?

For me I gotta get the absolute latest thing because you have to remember that you will be using this phone (hopefully) still two years from now. The seller for me is the processor and the 512 megs of ram. The iphone4 is just a beast speed wise.

How is the camera? I use that a lot. It's good to hear you recommend it still after using it a but. How is the gps? That's the main function I need to work well. I heard some had issues with the 3gs gps. How is it on iphone 4? My current phone reads the directions to me- voice navigation. Does iphone 4 have this?

How is the camera? I use that a lot. It's good to hear you recommend it still after using it a but. How is the gps? That's the main function I need to work well. I heard some had issues with the 3gs gps. How is it on iphone 4? My current phone reads the directions to me- voice navigation. Does iphone 4 have this?

the camera is good on even the 3g, it was a 2mp right? it was better quality then my nokia n97s 5mp camera, i never had the 3gs but the iphone 4 takes very good pics and videos and the flash makes it good to see while taking videos, if you ever need to in darker light. gps is very good but to be honest the default maps sucks. wel its good but to use in the car you constantly have to look at it and move it along with your hand. so you would need a good ap i would either try find it cracked when its jailbroken or pay a stupid amount for a good one, the free ones are not half as good.

Is mapquest the default map? I just read it does free voice navigation for iphone.

I have another question, do you get an option on the browser you use? Are there apps for other browsers? I've become fond of opera mini on my phone.

opera mini looks good... but for the iphone just stick with safari its good

as for the GPS see this video
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUzh7PueveQ[/ame]

Hmm... My phone won't let me pull it up lol. Maybe it is angry with me for being on an iphone forum. can you give me the html address pls?

Last edited:
I can't click on the box that says you tube. I need the web address :)