What's new

Which one?

tntlassiter

Reaction score
Not to be petty but...Am I overthinking it or am I being smart? I have to have a smartphone for my job. I have almost always had a Android powered device. Recently (past 6 months roughly), I have read and heard a lot about Google being "in bed" with our government and with the latest about the government being able to turn on the microphones of Android devices, I am considering getting an iPhone. I had an iPhone earlier and didn't much care for it but if it is safer/more secure/better than Android OS I will deal with it. Any thoughts? Thank in advance!

I too have had both android and iPhone. The Android is way more customizable, but it has to be. I think the hone is better out of the box, but it too is customizeable, via jail break, about govt problems, I don't know.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

All phones can be tapped via microphone, not just Google. iPhones can be tapped the same way. The simple solution is to keep the headphone port plugged in at all times.

But according to the report, the FBI can't remotely access the mic on the iPhone but it can on Android phones...
All phones can be tapped via microphone, not just Google. iPhones can be tapped the same way. The simple solution is to keep the headphone port plugged in at all times.

Forget about all the conspiracy theories out there about the government. Some people have no life but to spread rumors.
About the decision whether to go iOS or Android, either is fine. I really like my new Galaxy S4, but my iPhones are fine too. The Android system is easier to manipulate, and you can drag/drop from the phone to a PC with ease, but with the iPhone, you "mostly" have to deal with the dreaded iTunes. Anyway...........