What's new

Educate me

I just switched over to ip4 from droid incredible. I really miss my droid a lot actually because it had better features. But what I dont miss about it is that it slowed down afterwhile crashed a lot and the battery was crap out the box.

With the iphone battery lasts me a long time, and well the features arent there... They make up for it with the thousand of apps that arent avaiable on the android.

Which by the way run way smoother on the iphone if they are.

I like my iPhone4 but it is by no means a winner by a landslide... I see android taking over the market in a year or two if Apple doesn't do some things like let us use our own ringtones in a easier fashion and send sounds from our phone with out voicememo because that is really crappy of them.

I could careless about 3d phones.. Give me some features...

I just switched over to ip4 from droid incredible. I really miss my droid a lot actually because it had better features. But what I dont miss about it is that it slowed down afterwhile crashed a lot and the battery was crap out the box.

With the iphone battery lasts me a long time, and well the features arent there... They make up for it with the thousand of apps that arent avaiable on the android.

Which by the way run way smoother on the iphone if they are.

I like my iPhone4 but it is by no means a winner by a landslide... I see android taking over the market in a year or two if Apple doesn't do some things like let us use our own ringtones in a easier fashion and send sounds from our phone with out voicememo because that is really crappy of them.

I could careless about 3d phones.. Give me some features...

Build quality and battery alone make it a landslide for me. (praying they don't go back to the plastic on the ip5...deal-breaker, if so..)

Even though the specs on the ip4 camera dont appear at first to be as good as some android devices, you cant find an android photo that looks as good as these ip4 pics.. I mean, really!

No question I think the ip4 is the better device. I've been using android phones for several years and there really arent any apps that I'm missing from android market. Might be more but it's just more crap imo.. ..of course I'm 40+ yrs old.. lol

On the Droid, when you type an e-mail, there is a microphone Icon that you can tap and record the message, then it converts your speack to text, instamaticly. With the IP4, you have to keep switching back and forth to Dragon. But the IP4 camera is supurb.

On the Droid, when you type an e-mail, there is a microphone Icon that you can tap and record the message, then it converts your speack to text, instamaticly. With the IP4, you have to keep switching back and forth to Dragon. But the IP4 camera is supurb.

So is that what makes it spectacular? Lol. J/k

not for anything as much as i love ip4 the android has no limitations... ip4 has too much... it's throttled. hopefully with ios5 it will let you do a lot more.

I loved having swype... or the choice of having any keyboard on the market (FOR FREE)

But what makes the ip4 a better phone for me is that it is so much more stable...

I have a 2 year contract... So I got time to think to go back :)

:retina:
So no one can tell me what is so good about the iPhone?

I'm not sure I can help, but I had a Palm and my SIL showed me his Iphone 4 and it looked very nice. I'm not sure I know what you want the phone to do. I basically just use it as a phone and don't send e-mail via phone and turn off the cellular data. I like the docs to go feature on the phone and extra app and it syncs well wirelessly with the phone and I am able to carry a lot of info that I can access. People tell me that the e-mail works very well. The video is certainly very good, but when shooting a video and hold it in the landscape position you must put the record button to the right. It creates a .mov file and if you try and use that file in an editing program it will be upside down if the record button is to the left. Just something I learned. Still pictures don't seem to matter.
The video and still pictures are quite good.
I have videos that I made with a good camera and put them on the iphone and they show quite well. They come in through the Ipod videos.
If you have a bose headphone set the sound is exceptional with music and with videos.
I like the way the photos taken with a good still camera are able to be carried and viewed on the iphone after you sync with itunes. Nice albumes are creted.