What's new

Helpful non bashing advice please

darealfindeal77

Reaction score
Hello, I am an android user strongly considering picking up and ip4s. I know a little about the os but what I am looking for is any helpful advice on pros and cons of iOS when compared to android.I have an htc evo and really like the bigger screen. With android I really like the customize options (live wallpapers, widgets, flash, etc) but android has its cons as well. Any helpful, non android bashing advice is appreciated to help make my decision. Thanks

apple runs smooth
there device is user friendly meaning easy to use
apple is a to the point phone
face time
siri
icloud is awesome

Hello, I am an android user strongly considering picking up and ip4s. I know a little about the os but what I am looking for is any helpful advice on pros and cons of iOS when compared to android.I have an htc evo and really like the bigger screen. With android I really like the customize options (live wallpapers, widgets, flash, etc) but android has its cons as well. Any helpful, non android bashing advice is appreciated to help make my decision. Thanks

You will lose the following when coming over to iOS from Android:

Swype, live wallpapers, widgets, flash player, the ability to change out SD cards, the ability to do a battery pull, side loading application, direct access to the on board file system, the ability to swap out applications (IE change the default messaging, launcher, email, dialer, etc), the ability to customize anything and the ability to use multiple markets for purchasing apps.

You will lose the following when leaving Android to switch to iOS:

Android crashes, user interface inconsistencies, slow downs where you end up missing a call, back ground apps going nuts and draining your battery, apps that can steal your data, trojans, having to memorize every Android permission when you install an App and what it means to your data security.

Or in other words. iOS simply works.

Hmm, ok, So Ios is more polished and there are way more apps, better apps because of the simplicity of the os as a whole so it runs better and smoother.. Is there anyway to add widgets or any of the android customizing? My fear is that I will get very bored with the os. I do not have this problem with android. I will agree with you, android can at ties be cumbersome and the forceclosures can be annoying? Thanks for the help so far

Hmm, ok, So Ios is more polished and there are way more apps, better apps because of the simplicity of the os as a whole so it runs better and smoother.. Is there anyway to add widgets or any of the android customizing? My fear is that I will get very bored with the os. I do not have this problem with android. I will agree with you, android can at ties be cumbersome and the forceclosures can be annoying? Thanks for the help so far

If you jailbreak, yes you can customize certain features.

I flip back and forth between a DX and a i4 on a regular basis. Yes I wish Verizon phones had sim cards. If Verizon ever tells me I can't do that any more the i4 goes back on eBay. Reason being choise. With droid I get to choose screen size, icons, (i hate green, hated it on Froyo and hate it on my i4) which apps I prefer for pretty much every function. Why anyone would want a hard keyboard is beyond me but if you want one you can have one with android. Over all the i4 has a better camera. Loads faster shoots faster. In low light it takes better pictures. From what I've read most people using either swear up and down that they never get FC's over random reboots. Guess I'm unlucky becomes I've gotten FC's on both. Probably slightly more on the X. Don't think my i4 has every rebooted on its own but it has locked up and I had to reboot it. It also lags on occasion, again not as much as the X. I don't keep any info on any of my phones that I'm worried about any body stealing. Why any every day user would is beyond me. It doesn't need to be there. I'd rather have choice and a few more flakes. Skull already pointed out the main tech differences and I can't argue with any of them. Oh yeah. With the iPhone your not even allowed to place the icons on the screen where you want them. They automatically go to the top left and work their way over. Urks me to no end. This is just my opinion. At the end of the day they all make phone calls surf the web and do just about any thing else you need it to. I've never had a windows phone but im sure there are things they do better then either android or iOS. Ok. Probably not but you never know.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited: