What's new

Which is the better case for an iPhone 4S? A Soft Case or A Hard Cases?

snappybux

Reaction score
I've been looking to buy a case for my iPhone because, even though a lot of people think it 'won't' break, I have bad luck with phones! lol I always manage to crack the phone one way or another....

I had an andriod phone, the Samsung Galaxy before the iphone and I liked the soft cases better with it as hard cases didn't seem to do squat....

Is that the same for iPhone's? I'm assuming it is but this is my first time with one so it'd be nice to know which is better.

Also, I'm going to buy a case from here:

New iPhone 4 4S 4G Soft Gel Silicone Rubber Case Cover Many Beautiful Designs

This seems like the best price I've found and the seller has good ratings for their cases so I'm kind of excited to buy one of these cases as I LOVE the designs!

Problem is I can't pick which one I like best! lol Any opinions on which looks better? That double red heart case really has captured my heart! :) lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say the best way to maintain your device's integrity would be to not put it in the butt pockets. Learned that the hard way with my first iPhone, and day 2 of my iPhone 5 lol. But that aside, I'd say its up to you. I personally prefer hard cases so they don't slip off. Or if you overwork your iPhone like I do, an external battery case would suit your needs :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

I use an Incipio hard case. The bottom comes off so it's easy to dock, and ithas a small stand to put the phone on for Skype, Facetime, etc... A hard case is the way to go. Also, make sure you grab some screen protectors. Two great inexpensive investments that will definitely be worth it.

Well, at this point I'm not looking for anything specific for 'docking' so thickness isn't a big thing to me, I just want something so that way, if I drop it, like I tend to do a lot lol, it won't shatter! lol
and yea, noooo butt pockets, I hate having anything in there anyway because if you sit, it's not comfy!!! lol

Wouldn't you guys think the soft bumper part of a silicon case would protect it if it fell face first? That's what always saved my old Samsung :) If it went towards the ground, the edge of the case on the front would bump off the ground, never touching the screen so it always remained prestined :)

Definitely get a case as soon as you can. I dropped my iPhone 4 after having it only about 10 hrs. No screen damage but it did crack the glass in a curved shape from the left side to the bottom. About a 1/2" from the corner. I didn't have a case or screen protector. It was on the first day I got it and it was my first smartphone. Needless to say, I proceeded to throw myself in front of a car.
I have Asurion's (i think thats the name) Total Equipment Coverage for $10 a month. But I don't think it covers cosmetic damage. But does anyone out there know more about getting it fixed and for as cheap as possible?

If you really have bad luck with phones, then you better get a case as soon as possible. I suggest a hard case. For me it's better.

I live the speck candy shell cases. If you don't mind the bulk otterbox is amazing. We have two young kids and both types work for us :)

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

maybe you would need an otter box or lifeproof cases if are rough on your device.

[Good Choice,, I,ve used Otterbox,s on my phones and never had any damage. One or the other would be good Otterbox or Lifebox. QUOTE=CCLemon;271949]maybe you would need an otter box or lifeproof cases if are rough on your device.[/QUOTE]

A case definitely gives full-proof protection to the gadget and saves it from any sort of accidental damage. A case definitely gives full-proof protection to the gadget and saves it from any sort of accidental damage. These cases come in a rainbow of colors ranging from red to white to black! Cases are available in a huge variety. They also come for specific models. Internet houses some excellent sites which sell top-quality, genuine accessories at prices worth dying for!

For protection - hard case definitely.

if theres a 5 below store in your area they have a case very similar to the otterbox for 5 bucks . its called the spektrum case .has a hard plastic inner case with a silicone rubber protective shell that goes over it .we have one on both our iphones .