What's new

Best hard slim case and dropping the iPhone questions

Matth3w

Reaction score
I got a case from Best Buy that's super slim, the back is made out of clear plastic and it's surrounded by a softer rubber. It's super slim, but I don't like the rubber...I don't like that it moves and whatnot when putting it in or taking it out of my pocket, or when I slide or type I can easily push it from the edge. Not sure why this bothers me but it does.

Anyhow, most cases don't cover the screen and if you drop the phone that is what is going to break, so is there even a purpose for using a case anyhow?

My case has protected my phone from a few falls. Just standard silicone case from speck. I guess it helps absorb the shock of the initial fall? Haha I dont know. It sure helps me feel safer?

It will help with protecting the back from the shock but on the front its basically pointless if it doesent have a bit of lay on the table.

The front doesn't make contact with the floor since the side of the case is elevated. Unless you hit your phone to some edge (which would ruin your phone no matter what case you use) it should protect a decent fall

The case lipping up over the face is what protects it. My case has saved my ass a few times. Dropped it on a concrete floor with the case on. No damage. I have dropped it on my hardwood floor with no case and no damage but i consider myself lucky with that.

i had an iFrogz case before, i had dropped it on concrete, and blacktop no damage, then the case chipped, so i went with invisible shield and a apple bumper, i then dropped my phone on the tile floor and to my surprise no damage at all, just the bumper pushed my screen protector up a bit but it went back down like nothing happened

So which case do you have breezy?

Beezy that is. I am not even sure the brand. I bought it at best buy the day 4 came out. I know they still have them there. Its translucent blue with a diamond pattern on the inside. Its a good looking case and doesnt add much bulk to the phone. Only problem is I work with wood and the saw dust gets behind the case and it has left marks where the pattern touches the phone. There was never really any hope of me keeping the phone mint anyway.

you can by a screen protector, which usually costs peanuts. have a case that you like and add a screen protector separatelly. Why not? just google for screen protector or iphone screen protector. but when you actually buy, make sure you list the correct iphone model, as I'm being told that even iphone from verizon and unlocked iphone bought from apple have different dimentions. I'm not sure it's true, however. :)

you can by a screen protector, which usually costs peanuts. have a case that you like and add a screen protector separatelly. Why not? just google for screen protector or iphone screen protector. but when you actually buy, make sure you list the correct iphone model, as I'm being told that even iphone from verizon and unlocked iphone bought from apple have different dimentions. I'm not sure it's true, however. :)

Screen protector wont help if you drop it.

I believe the Griffin case available at the Verizon stores which is similar to the Otterbox, only better IMHO, has a built in screen protector. A buddy of mine has it and it looks like it will protect the phone against pretty much any drop.