What's new

Which is the best iphone 4s case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4siphone

Reaction score
Have just ordered the iphone 4s. Want to know which case to keep with it?

Most iPhone 4 cases are compatible with the 4s. There are some nice recommendations if you search the forum.

Depends what type of protection you're looking for? Just scratch protection? Or drop and scratch protection? Or do you want drop/scratch and water protection?

I've always liked the maximum type of protection, so I've always used the Otterbox Defender cases (I had o e on my 3GS, got one for my 4, and have one on my iPad). However, while the 3GS defender had decent water protection (not waterproof), the Defender for the 4 offers hardly any water protection (and I don't like the design of it compared to the 3GS case design...ice had some issues with it).

I am now going to try a LifeProof case, especially since I'm getting the 4S. If they live up to their claims, it should be a great case. It offers scratch, drop, dust, and waterproof protection. It's supposed to be waterproof to a depth of 6 ft. And all in a thinner body than the Defender. I hope it's as good as it sounds.

I have an otterbox defender and a commuter. I much prefer the commuter but I keep my phone in my pocket. Too much dust gets behind the screen of the defender. In fact I cut out the built in screen protector.

I was going to pickup the LifeProof case on Friday when I get my 4S, but I was bored, so decided to pick it up today. My first impression of the case is that I like it a lot better than the Otterbox Defender case. Thinner and the screen is very easy to operate with this case (not that it was hard to operate with the Otterbox, but you can definitely tell a difference with the LifeProof). I like how the speakers sound through the LifeProof case as well. Time will tell if the case holds up to it's claims. Since it's the most expensive case I've ever bought, I'm not going to be happy if it doesn't. We'll see....

I was going to pickup the LifeProof case on Friday when I get my 4S, but I was bored, so decided to pick it up today. My first impression of the case is that I like it a lot better than the Otterbox Defender case. Thinner and the screen is very easy to operate with this case (not that it was hard to operate with the Otterbox, but you can definitely tell a difference with the LifeProof). I like how the speakers sound through the LifeProof case as well. Time will tell if the case holds up to it's claims. Since it's the most expensive case I've ever bought, I'm not going to be happy if it doesn't. We'll see....

I ordered a LifeProof from their site. I am glad to hear so many of you all are going with it too. I guess we will have a lot of testimonials either way it goes. Let's hope it lives up to their claims.

konikub said:
I got this one :) My nice new crystal clear iPhone 4S case

It should arrive on the 14th as well as my 4S!

This looks like a good case from the pics I have seen. I'm looking to for a good clear case for my 4S (BTW just received tracking info that it left China Sunday). I haven't seen many reviews on it. Can you tell me if it offers descent protection?

Clear cases are cool for about a week. Then they start scratching up badly and look all hazy.

I received my Otterbox Defender for the iPhone 4S today. It seems like a very solid case, the belt clip is removable which is cool I think.

Due to the little difference between iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, most iPhone 4 cases (cath kidston iPhone 4 case , kate spade iPhone 4 case and so on) are compatible with the iPhone 4s.

the dynamic8's cases are of high quality, last night I bought a Fm trasmitter there.

I think the best case is the safest case, that would be an otter box.

Status
Not open for further replies.