What's new

Where is my audio recording?

Tricon7

Reaction score
I used the "Voice Memos" utility on the iPhone to record some family members. I see how to play back the recordings in the utility, but I want to burn these to CD. I only see an option to "Share", then either "Email" or "MMS" - whatever that is. Is there a way to burn this without having to email it first?

Last edited:
It seems there's a way to email the recording to someone. I'm going to see if I email it to myself, what format will I get it in? And if I get it, I can obviously save it to my hard drive. I should be able to then burn the file to CD if the file format is remotely recognizable.

ok that might work, but not the one where you want to burn it right away to a cd without sending it to your email, or pulling out the audio note somewhere else than on your phone. Try what you said, it might work.

Tricon7 said:
It seems there's a way to email the recording to someone. I'm going to see if I email it to myself, what format will I get it in? And if I get it, I can obviously save it to my hard drive. I should be able to then burn the file to CD if the file format is remotely recognizable.

The extension name of the file is m4a. If the size of the file is too large, u can't email it to anyone, u could sync it with ur iTunes.

Tricon7 said:

The extension name of the file is m4a. If the size of the file is too large, u can't email it to anyone, u could sync it with ur iTunes.

I already synced my iPhone with iTunes, but I couldn't find any of my audio recordings when I clicked on My Computer and went to my iPhone. The file I want to save is too big to email, unfortunately.

If anyone knows of an app where I can save my recordings a little easier to my home computer, I'd like to know about it.

Tricon7 said:
I already synced my iPhone with iTunes, but I couldn't find any of my audio recordings when I clicked on My Computer and went to my iPhone. The file I want to save is too big to email, unfortunately.

If anyone knows of an app where I can save my recordings a little easier to my home computer, I'd like to know about it.

You need to have your iPhone plugged in to your computer with iTunes running before proceeding.
1. Click on the iPhone under Devices in the left pane of the iTunes window.
2. Click the Music tab in the main application window.
3. Make sure that Sync Music is enabled and check Include voice memos.
Note: If Sync Music is disabled you will need to enable it in order for this to work.
4. Click Apply to save the changes and sync your iPhone to iTunes.

Tricon7 said:

You need to have your iPhone plugged in to your computer with iTunes running before proceeding.
1. Click on the iPhone under Devices in the left pane of the iTunes window.
2. Click the Music tab in the main application window.
3. Make sure that Sync Music is enabled and check Include voice memos.
Note: If Sync Music is disabled you will need to enable it in order for this to work.
4. Click Apply to save the changes and sync your iPhone to iTunes.

Ok, I'll try that when I get home from work. Thanks.