What's new

Where can I buy Iphone 4 unlocked and commintment-free?

I would be very cautious buying from the other country from eBay. Too many scams going on. There is this a NEW one in particular where the seller advertises a neverlock phone for like $600 only if you buy 5 at a time from England. But the trick is that you cannot use buy-it now option until you contact him. He specificly states that -- DO NO CONTACT ME THRU EBAY, instead use the email I have provided---- then he states ----Do not use BUY IT NOW option I will not sell you the phone until you contact me first---.

And when you do he sends you his own ""Paypal invoice""

I would be very cautious buying from the other country from eBay. Too many scams going on. There is this a NEW one in particular where the seller advertises a neverlock phone for like $600 only if you buy 5 at a time from England. But the trick is that you cannot use buy-it now option until you contact him. He specificly states that -- DO NO CONTACT ME THRU EBAY, instead use the email I have provided---- then he states ----Do not use BUY IT NOW option I will not sell you the phone until you contact me first---.

And when you do he sends you his own ""Paypal invoice""

Right, that one sounds fishy. The seller I dealt with is a straight up guy with excellent ratings. We both used PayPal so I had the protection to charge the seller back if the merchandise wasn't as advertised. Let me tell you, the iPhone was as advertised and I am very happy with it! Living in Germany I bought only from a German seller. Had I bought from a U.K. seller I would have had to pay customs tax, about 20%!!

Driver, those scammers too have a perfect 100% feedback sometimes even over 500. So you cant go base on that sometimes. I don't know how they do that, I think they just jack some one elses account. Anyway you cant always rely on EBAY and PAYPAL read this its happend to me for real and there are stories like this all over the ebay

ha, I tell you a true story that happened to me. I buy and sell iphones sometimes from ebay sometimes from CL. Anyway, about a mos or 2 ago i bough i4, no in the description the seller did not mentioned the software version, so I asked and she replied it was 4.0.1. I asked here again to verify that it was 4.0.1 and not 4.1 she replied YES 4.0.1

SO I went ahead and purchased the phone. When I got it it was 4.0.2 and back then there was no UNLOCK, so it was no good to me at that point. I contacted her and she said that she wanted me to have a better phone so instead she sent her husbands. I said no problem lets switch. She said OK, then she called me and said that the other phone is 4.1 ver. So I said well then I will do the arbitration thru ebay and then I will send it back to you for a full refund. She said ok.

I went and did the arbitration thru PayPal. Then she called me and said that Paypal told her not to give my money back, b/c it was never in description what version she was selling.

LoNg story short, Paypal NOR eBay refunded me any money nor make the seller take it back. I spent over 2 hours talking to Paypal and I waisted over an hour just to find a phone number to eBay, waited over an hour just to talk to ebay rep, and got nothing.

so the moral to that story is, when you purchase something make sure it is in its description and if for any reason you have gotten screwed do not tell the truth to eBay or paypal, lie to them that it was a wrong item or it was broken.

Hi! Im looking for an iphone 6 unlocked from fabric. You know where i can buy it in houston, tx??
TKS

I heard that in apple stores they sell it without At&T carrier, but not unlocked..so I could unlock the iphone here..is that true? if it's so.. is it easy to unlock or depends on the O.S?

it depends on O.S. and you won't know untill you buy it, Most new phones come with 4.1 which you cannot UNLOCK yet.

You are better of buy a FActory unlocked $750-900 or a pre owned one for $650-750 with the Unlocked software. I know where you can get a new one with 4.0.2 Unlocked for $680. But you would have to come to Houston ;)

Hi! Im looking for an iphone 6 unlocked from fabric. You know where i can buy it in houston, tx??
TKS

I heard that in apple stores they sell it without At&T carrier, but not unlocked..so I could unlock the iphone here..is that true? if it's so.. is it easy to unlock or depends on the O.S?

it depends on O.S. and you won't know untill you buy it, Most new phones come with 4.1 which you cannot UNLOCK yet.

You are better of buy a FActory unlocked $750-900 or a pre owned one for $650-750 with the Unlocked software. I know where you can get a new one with 4.0.2 Unlocked for $680. But you would have to come to Houston ;)

check your PM

Driver, those scammers too have a perfect 100% feedback sometimes even over 500. So you cant go base on that sometimes. I don't know how they do that, I think they just jack some one elses account. Anyway you cant always rely on EBAY and PAYPAL read this its happend to me for real and there are stories like this all over the ebay

ha, I tell you a true story that happened to me. I buy and sell iphones sometimes from ebay sometimes from CL. Anyway, about a mos or 2 ago i bough i4, no in the description the seller did not mentioned the software version, so I asked and she replied it was 4.0.1. I asked here again to verify that it was 4.0.1 and not 4.1 she replied YES 4.0.1

SO I went ahead and purchased the phone. When I got it it was 4.0.2 and back then there was no UNLOCK, so it was no good to me at that point. I contacted her and she said that she wanted me to have a better phone so instead she sent her husbands. I said no problem lets switch. She said OK, then she called me and said that the other phone is 4.1 ver. So I said well then I will do the arbitration thru ebay and then I will send it back to you for a full refund. She said ok.

I went and did the arbitration thru PayPal. Then she called me and said that Paypal told her not to give my money back, b/c it was never in description what version she was selling.

LoNg story short, Paypal NOR eBay refunded me any money nor make the seller take it back. I spent over 2 hours talking to Paypal and I waisted over an hour just to find a phone number to eBay, waited over an hour just to talk to ebay rep, and got nothing.

so the moral to that story is, when you purchase something make sure it is in its description and if for any reason you have gotten screwed do not tell the truth to eBay or paypal, lie to them that it was a wrong item or it was broken.

well some times when they sell these free tools people buy it for firmware that it works so the buyer is happy and puts a nice comment

my gf bought a iphone 1st gen and paid for ziphone and of course and the time it worked so she was happy with it, had no idea ziphone was a FREE tool...

well some times when they sell these free tools people buy it for firmware that it works so the buyer is happy and puts a nice comment

my gf bought a iphone 1st gen and paid for ziphone and of course and the time it worked so she was happy with it, had no idea ziphone was a FREE tool...

I think you are missing my point, I was lied to, And no ebay protection no papay protection program helped me. Even more payal made it worse. Re read what I wrote.

yeah that protection crap really does nothing when you need it and ppl scam you.. its why i never use ebay

Well, we've drifted way off the OP's original subject.........but after over 60 ebay purchases using PayPal I did have to dispute 1 once and got my money back through their pay protection. And if that wouldn't have worked, I would have disputed the PayPal transaction on my credit card with my credit card bank, and won. That works.

if your going to buy factory unlocked i would buy it from a country that sells them unlocked and straight from apple store and if your not from a country that does you can easily order it from their apple store and use a company that takes the mail and will send it any where in the world for a little extra

Well, we've drifted way off the OP's original subject.........but after over 60 ebay purchases using PayPal I did have to dispute 1 once and got my money back through their pay protection. And if that wouldn't have worked, I would have disputed the PayPal transaction on my credit card with my credit card bank, and won. That works.

yes, you have a valid point, I on the other hand do not use a credit card, I use my personal bank account which is inked to the Paypal for faster transactions.

I use my personal bank account which is inked to the Paypal for faster transactions.

I would think credit card and bank transactions through PayPal would take the same amount of time. It takes me 10 seconds to pay for an ebay item and I get a confirmation from the seller's account that they received the credit 10 seconds after that. And I have a slow DSL line. :)

I use my personal bank account which is inked to the Paypal for faster transactions.

I would think credit card and bank transactions through PayPal would take the same amount of time. It takes me 10 seconds to pay for an ebay item and I get a confirmation from the seller's account that they received the credit 10 seconds after that. And I have a slow DSL line. :)

I don't think so. When credit card is used they may receive notification about the credit but the credit take up to 3-4 days to actually show up on the account

and then of course you get twats sending fake money orders from paypal..... personally i stay away from paypal and ebay.... i only trust amazon