What's new

when I reset iphone7 no setup screen appears

carney

Reaction score
Used iPhone 7 appears is factory reset and works perfectly on wifi, but I never get the new setup screen when it restarts. It will gthrough the process and return to the home screen instead of Set up screen. Carrier is At&T, has a clean IMEI search, it does say "no service" in upper left corner. I plan to use it on straight talk with byop. thanks in advance for your advice in advance.

Your Have you tried going to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings? this should give you the setup screen as if it were a brand new iPhone. Do you have an AT&T SIM card? You'll need it to reactivate the iPhone after the factory restore.

yes that is how I reset it used "reset all settings" more than once. It goes black, then white & has the apple with loading bar, then repowers to home screen. I have the AT&T sim card that was in it and the straight talk sim card I am going to use. How do I reactivate it? I have always had Verizon phones prior to this on staright talk and page plus. Anytime they have been reset I am pretty sure they showed Verizon in the left corner event though I had not subscribed to service yet.

yes that is how I reset it used "reset all settings" more than once. It goes black, then white & has the apple with loading bar, then repowers to home screen. I have the AT&T sim card that was in it and the straight talk sim card I am going to use. How do I reactivate it? I have always had Verizon phones prior to this on staright talk and page plus. Anytime they have been reset I am pretty sure they showed Verizon in the left corner event though I had not subscribed to service yet.
You have to select Erase All Content and Settings, not Reset All Settings. Reset All Settings won't erase the iPhone and bring you to the setup screen.

Last edited:
I will have my son check it out. I didn't realize there was more options. I will let you know if it works! I am at work but will text him after his class and have him check. thanks you!

I will have my son check it out. I didn't realize there was more options. I will let you know if it works! I am at work but will text him after his class and have him check. thanks you!
You're welcome. Let us know how it goes.

He reset it and it worked just like you said! Thank you very much! He had a few errands before going home to try activation on straight talk. He did say it still shows "no service" but I am hoping that it just difference from taking a Verizon (always has been iPhone 5 or 6), opposed this being At&T.