What's new

iPhone 5 keeps resetting and does not restore

cagincet

Reaction score
Hi,

My phone was working perfectly, i updated to ios 7 etc... Worked for one week, and all of a sudden the screen went green and "connect to itunes" logo came.

I connected to itunes, and tried restoring, it returned an error (i don't remember the code).

Now when i put it in dfu mode and attempt to restore, itunes gets stuck on "waiting for iphone" stage, the phone keeps resetting itself, and after some time, itunes returns errors 4014, 4005 and others.

When i try to switch it on without connecting to the pc, it shows me the apple logo for 2 seconds, and screen goes green to black, restarts itself, shows apple logo for 2 seconds, then screen goes green to black, and never gets out of this loop.

Lucky for me, i am still covered by the 1 year warranty period, but i live outside the US so, it is a hassle to send it to have repaired or to get a new one.

I checked my hosts file, antivirus software, tried with two different (original apple) cables, itunes is the latest version, running win 7 (i will try it using win xp tomorrow)...

Any comments?

Thanks, have a nice day!

Error 4000s are undocumented since they're coming with iTunes 11.1 and above with the release of iOS 7. Downgrade your iTunes down to iTunes 11.0.5 or below, place your device into DFU mode, then shift+click Restore and point iTunes to the iOS 7.0.2 IPSW for the device. Make sure that it matches your device.

willerz2 thanks for helping but, same thing happens. i tried using itunes 11.0.0.163 on win xp. the ipsw i tried was the one itunes 11.1 downloaded for my phone (iphone5,1_7.0.2_11A501_Restore).

disabled antivirus real time scanner, hosts file is fine, original apple cable, dfu mode etc...

same thing, phone switches on and shows apple logo for 2 seconds, then the screen gets green to black, switches off and on again, while itunes is in the stage of confirming the software with apple. after a while itunes returns error 1602.

tried 2 times with different original apple cables. seems like the phone can not be initialized before being able to delete the faulty firmware and put a new one in.

any further comments?

thanks!

this is what is happening

Last edited by a moderator: