What's new

Whats the use in JB?

Chris3644

Reaction score
i don't understand the whole point of jailbreaking, since the 1st itouch came out in 08 thats all everyone' been doing. But for what? free apps? eventually you will be rebooting ur iphone back to its original Firmware anyways so idk.

Alot of people jailbreak for the free apps but its piracy so illegal. Jailbreaking however is not.

Do a search for top cydia apps to get a taste of what a jiapbroken iPhone can do...

i don't understand the whole point of jailbreaking, since the 1st itouch came out in 08 thats all everyone' been doing. But for what? free apps? eventually you will be rebooting ur iphone back to its original Firmware anyways so idk.

In some countries, people buy the iphone from their carriers with a contract, some of those carriers provide roaming while some do not. And even roaming enable, it happen to be very expensive when outside of the said country so that if i purchase a phone from my carrier in France, it means that i will not be able to use the phone with another carrier until i finish my contract for the phone. The contract may be 1year or 2years etc... But during that period of time, i might want to travel out of my country to another country "Japan" for a short or a long period of time, let me say 3months, and because my carrier in France where i purchase my iphone from with a contract lock down the device preventing it to be use with another carrier sim card, i will have to buy a new phone once in Japan to be able to stay in touch as i might not want to use the roaming of my carrier all those 3 months to avoid huge charges.
So some people at the very begaining look into the matter and try to go around this locking down of the devices by the carriers, and the was no other way than creating the jailbreaking in the purpose of unlocking the device. Jailbreaking first because the developers had to break down the securities codes on the device before been able to load a software which will allow the device to read any sim card insert in it. Fortunately or unfortunately the developers found out that once the codes was break down, they cool root into the device and thus create applications that was missing on the device, apple wouldn't allow some of those application into its store, developers decided to open their own store and they named it "cydia", just like in the apple apps store, in cydia, you will find free apps, and paid apps, and even more, you will find tweaks. The resons why apple wouldn't allow these apps in its store was because apple wanted its devices to run faster and to be reliable than any other device out there, so apple put a big limitation on the features of the device, some apps and most of the tweaks in cydia will run at startup of the device, and so making the device in some way slow at bootup. But jailbreaking make the thing open and gave us the choices to decide. The choice to be able to have an unlock device incase our device is locked and the choice to have apps and tweaks apple refuse to put on the devices.
Grossomodo, jailbreaking today is not anymore only about unlocking but more allow us to do every possible thing with the device, things most phone today can do and non jailbreaked iphone can not do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaz6076 said:
Alot of people jailbreak for the free apps but its piracy so illegal. Jailbreaking however is not.

Do a search for top cydia apps to get a taste of what a jiapbroken iPhone can do...

okay will do

bab2010 said:
In some countries, people buy the iphone from their carriers with a contract, some of those carriers provide roaming while some do not. And even roaming enable, it happen to be very expensive when outside of the said country so that if i purchase a phone from my carrier in France, it means that i will not be able to use the phone with another carrier until i finish my contract for the phone. The contract may be 1year or 2years etc... But during that period of time, i might want to travel out of my country to another country "Japan" for a short or a long period of time, let me say 3months, and because my carrier in France where i purchase my iphone from with a contract lock down the device preventing it to be use with another carrier sim card, i will have to buy a new phone once in Japan to be able to stay in touch as i might not want to use the roaming of my carrier all those 3 months to avoid huge charges.
So some people at the very begaining look into the matter and try to go around this locking down of the devices by the carriers, and the was no other way than creating the jailbreaking in the purpose of unlocking the device. Jailbreaking first because the developers had to break down the securities codes on the device before been able to load a software which will allow the device to read any sim card insert in it. Fortunately or unfortunately the developers found out that once the codes was break down, they cool root into the device and thus create applications that was missing on the device, apple wouldn't allow some of those application into its store, developers decided to open their own store and they named it "cydia", just like in the apple apps store, in cydia, you will find free apps, and paid apps, and even more, you will find tweaks. The resons why apple wouldn't allow these apps in its store was because apple wanted its devices to run faster and to be reliable than any other device out there, so apple put a big limitation on the features of the device, some apps and most of the tweaks in cydia will run at startup of the device, and so making the device in some way slow at bootup. But jailbreaking make the thing open and gave us the choices to decide. The choice to be able to have an unlock device incase our device is locked and the choice to have apps and tweaks apple refuse to put on the devices.
Grossomodo, jailbreaking today is not anymore only about unlocking but more allow us to do every possible thing with the device, things most phone today can do and non jailbreaked iphone can not do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damn i understand now