What's new

Whats the right way of charging an iPhone (new generation) ?

Wolfseye

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i am wondering. What is really the best way of charging an iphone correct ? I read so many different opinions on that, its more than confusing.

Some say, dont charge it over night. Others say, let it get really empty and then charge it, others say dont let it go down to almost empty before re-charging it again. And again others say, dont let it go to 100%.

I mean, come on. :) Maybe you guys would be so kind and tell me, whats your best experience with charging a new iPhone, in my case a 11 Pro Max, so that the battery is best used.

I am looking forward to your replies, because I really would like to treat my phone's battery the best i can.
Thanks so much.

Wolf

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Some of the advice shared by people originate in a different kind of battery (NiCd, NiMH). This doesn’t work with Lithium batteries.

Draining the battery and charging it again completely shouldn’t be done on a regular basis. It doesn’t help with battery performance. It just calibrates your battery meter.
In general, you can charge your device whenever you’d like to.

For more information:
When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community
About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone
Batteries - Maximizing Performance

Modern iPhones will shut down the charging circuit after the phone is fully charged. You can't overcharge your iPhone. Leaving it charging all night won’t harm your iPhone.

Thanks, will take a look at those links. ;) Appreciate it.

P.S: Your website has a problem with the certificate. One gets warning about browsing this site. You're aware of that ?

Last edited:
Thanks, will take a look at those links. ;) Appreciate it.

P.S: Your website has a problem with the certificate. One gets warning about browsing this site. You're aware of that ?
The forum owners haven’t yet got around to updating the site.