What's new

iPhone 4 not charging to 100%

lennie paz

Reaction score
I asked this question a couple days ago and my thread was closed because people got off the subject and started arguing their opinions. I was having problems with my iPhone 4 not charging to 100%. I took it to the Apple Store and they gave me a replacement. For the first couple days, the new phone charged to 100% overnight, but the following days, it would only charge to 93-97%. I have tried other chargers from family members who have the iPhone, a restore, and have let the battery drain until it shuts off. Nothing has helped so I was wondering if this is a common problem? I am on OS 5.0.1 by the way. Please keep your suggestions to my problem on subject so this thread doesn't get closed too.

Blackops

Reaction score
Most likely does replacement are refurbished with old batteries on them.

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard of a few cases like this. While I haven't heard of any fixes for this issue, I'd be willing to bet your iPhone is actually fully charged, it's just the software isn't showing it. I could be wrong though.

Have you tried factory restoring your iPhone and not restoring from a backup to see how it works? Your backup data could be corrupted. I'd only try this if you can live without what you have backed up for a few days (just so you can see if this actually works). If it doesn't I'd try to get another replacement.

If that doesn't help, then I'm stumped. :(!

OP
L

lennie paz

Reaction score
I've heard of a few cases like this. While I haven't heard of any fixes for this issue, I'd be willing to bet your iPhone is actually fully charged, it's just the software isn't showing it. I could be wrong though.

Have you tried factory restoring your iPhone and not restoring from a backup to see how it works? Your backup data could be corrupted. I'd only try this if you can live without what you have backed up for a few days (just so you can see if this actually works). If it doesn't I'd try to get another replacement.

If that doesn't help, then I'm stumped. :(!

I've tried a restore and set it up as a new phone.

Most reactions

Latest posts