What's new

iPhone 4 not charging to 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah well i didnt notice i just copied the quote from the website. Besides, i have no interest in "leading" you to the site. I am sure you can google it and find it :)

To clear my ignorance about how bad it is to keep iPhone connect to wall power source over a night and over 24h you can nicely direct me to the authentic source of your information:) Anyway, now you know you stand corrected by SkullOne post since your authentic sources are google. For a second I though you meant Apple OW. Focus back on thread topic now, let's move on.

Last edited:
bab2010 said:
Stand corrected by SkullOne post if your sources are google. For a second I though you meant Apple OW. Focus back on thread topic now, let's move on.

I did mean apple OW. That does come up on google as well you know :)

Anyways enough with the off topic. If you and whoever else have a solution to propose to our friend's battery issue please do so otherwise you can pm me for any continuation of whatever you want to discuss,because this is getting way off topic. Thanks.

I dont understand why you are so aggressive and talking down like that but I will nicely ask that you stop.

I dont think anything gives you the right to talk to people like this. You want to state your opinion you can very well do so nicely.

Otherwise do not adress me please.

You are, to be blunt, the very representation of why I retired from daily posting here. Your first post in this thread was so flawed that I personally felt it needed to be corrected before someone actually heeded your information.

Now to address your post:

I have the right to state facts. How you wish to interpret those facts is up to you. But do not make the mistake of thinking I was attacking you. Because I wasn't. I was pointing out the flaws in your information. If you consider that an attack on your persons, that is a personal issue I think you should resolve quickly if you are going to continue posting here.

Next time RESEARCH the subject matter before you post on it. I suggest you adopt the following rule: If you can't give a unscripted impromptu five minute presentation on the subject matter to a group versed in that subject, then don't speak on the subject at all.

BTW, I can give a thirty minute presentation on Lithium-Ion battery technology that covers both commercial and industrial implications to include a five minute speech on the chemical interactions that takes place. It's a really dry subject to learn but it becomes very useful when a majority of devices are now using them.

Skull One said:
You are, to be blunt, the very representation of why I retired from daily posting here. Your first post in this thread was so flawed that I personally felt it needed to be corrected before someone actually heeded your information.

Now to address your post:

I have the right to state facts. How you wish to interpret those facts is up to you. But do not make the mistake of thinking I was attacking you. Because I wasn't. I was pointing out the flaws in your information. If you consider that an attack on your persons, that is a personal issue I think you should resolve quickly if you are going to continue posting here.

Next time RESEARCH the subject matter before you post on it. I suggest you adopt the following rule: If you can't give a unscripted impromptu five minute presentation on the subject matter to a group versed in that subject, then don't speak on the subject at all.

BTW, I can give a thirty minute presentation on Lithium-Ion battery technology that covers both commercial and industrial implications to include a five minute speech on the chemical interactions that takes place. It's a really dry subject to learn but it becomes very useful when a majority of devices are now using them.

Thanks but I dont need guidance as to how to do research, i have been doing it for years and have learned things by research.

As I said, you of course can say whatever you wish. Manners are as important as knowledge, at least to me. And I dont really do well with rude people, as I am not one of them.

Again, by all means waiting to hear your expert advice to this member's problem (which I have yet to hear).

Have a good one :)

Thanks but I dont need guidance as to how to do research, i have been doing it for years and have learned things by research.

As I said, you of course can say whatever you wish. Manners are as important as knowledge, at least to me. And I dont really do well with rude people, as I am not one of them.

Again, by all means waiting to hear your expert advice to this member's problem (which I have yet to hear).

Have a good one :)

Again, you mistake facts for being rude. I suggest you learn the difference.

I would be happy to give an answer if I had one. But alas, I know when not to speak on a subject I have no facts on. See the difference between us?

Skull One said:
Again, you mistake facts for being rude. I suggest you learn the difference.

I would be happy to give an answer if I had one. But alas, I know when not to speak on a subject I have no facts on. See the difference between us?

Ah so you just came out of retirement to be rude and reply to something that had no use to the user :) I see the difference now lol!

Enjoy your retirement :)

Ah so you just came out of retirement to be rude and reply to something that had no use to the user :) I see the difference now lol!

Enjoy your retirement :)

You just made it very easy for me to walk away for good. I had actually been considering coming back. But you have made it clear that no matter how logical you are and how much you can back up your facts, there is always one child that doesn't have clue and is willing to keep posting just to save face after they have figured out just how wrong they actually were.

Your ignorance one day will cost someone. It is simply a matter of time now.

Skull One said:
You just made it very easy for me to walk away for good. I had actually been considering coming back. But you have made it clear that no matter how logical you are and how much you can back up your facts, there is always one child that doesn't have clue and is willing to keep posting just to save face after they have figured out just how wrong they actually were.

Your ignorance one day will cost someone. It is simply a matter of time now.

I dont know who you think you are but you do not know me. And if my "ignorance" in regards to how to charge a battery and properly maintain it is going to cost someone then I have to say you are pretty sad.

I have helped a number of people and never once have I messed up or given the wrong advice. We are talking about serious issues not a battery charge (which is completely insignificant an issue).

I do not care about your opinion, and I dont need the hassle. I am here to help, as I am elsewhere and have been helping without issues for a long time.

End of story. I have nothing more to say to your know-it-all attitude in regards to my age/knowledge/future mess ups.

This is the last time I will reply to you and will ask you to leave me alone.

I dont know who you think you are but you do not know me. And if my "ignorance" in regards to how to charge a battery and properly maintain it is going to cost someone then I have to say you are pretty sad.

I have helped a number of people and never once have I messed up or given the wrong advice. We are talking about serious issues not a battery charge (which is completely insignificant an issue).

I do not care about your opinion, and I dont need the hassle. I am here to help, as I am elsewhere and have been helping without issues for a long time.

End of story. I have nothing more to say to your know-it-all attitude in regards to my age/knowledge/future mess ups.

This is the last time I will reply to you and will ask you to leave me alone.

I'm glad you are in to help just like anyone of us here. Countless time i have mistaken advising a member on subject, where one with better knowledge came in and corrected my info, I've learned for those info, I even learned from many of your post on this forum regarding JB stuff, as I quit it almost 4 months now, so I'm not up to date anymore if it wasn't for some of your posts. I never comment on JB cause I DON'T KNOW for sure so i can't just say something because i want to say, like Skull One said, someone can paid for my misinformation if i wrongly advice one about JB stuff. You advice to the OP is wrong, he can easily and severely damage his battery if not only the OP but anyone with similar issue read your post and practice it. Battery on iPhone? I know it and unless you provide your strange Apple OW link, you got to agree to stand corrected and correct. Why is it hard for you to agree on your toxic advice regarding battery maintenance?
Not like Skull One, I will not less other member become the victims of your ignorance when I come across one of your misleading toxic information. And seriously, you got to learn a lot and learn to agree on your mistake and learn to apologize for misinformation or bad advice you provide. Now FYI iPhone battery are not going to spoil because of long time charging and I quote: it will just work fine "Steve Jobs"

I'm glad you are in to help just like anyone of us here. Countless time i have mistaken advising a member on subject, where one with better knowledge came in and corrected my info, I've learned for those info, I even learned from many of your post on this forum regarding JB stuff, as I quit it almost 4 months now, so I'm not up to date anymore if it wasn't for some of your posts. I never comment on JB cause I DON'T KNOW for sure so i can't just say something because i want to say, like Skull One said, someone can paid for my misinformation if i wrongly advice one about JB stuff. You advice to the OP is wrong, he can easily and severely damage his battery if not only the OP but anyone with similar issue read your post and practice it. Battery on iPhone? I know it and unless you provide your strange Apple OW link, you got to agree to stand corrected and correct. Why is it hard for you to agree on your toxic advice regarding battery maintenance?
Not like Skull One, I will not less other member become the victims of your ignorance when I come across one of your misleading toxic information. And seriously, you got to learn a lot and learn to agree on your mistake and learn to apologize for misinformation or bad advice you provide. Now FYI iPhone battery are not going to spoil because of long time charging and I quote: it will just work fine "Steve Jobs"

What did she say that would damage the iphone battery?
I didnt see anything she said that would harm the battery.

Last edited:
Maybe you should read from the 1st post?

WOW why are people getting so rude? I asked a simple question i dont see what she said that could cause harm to the battery could you please inform me thank you.
I just went back and read the post for the 4th time there is nothing in there that would harm the battery!

Last edited:
Hi, have you tried a hard reset?

(Hold down power/home buttons simultaneously until the phone shuts off and reboots).

You should not leave the phone to charge overnight, once it gets to 100 it only should be plugged in for another half hour max.

Also, maks sure you don't charge it with an ipad charger, only iphone one.

Try charging it through usb on the pc, it is a much more stable charge. And don't let it drop below 20 percent (and once a month you should do a total drain cycle).

Might be a bug but try the above and see what happens.

Please bab tell me what is so toxic about this info? There is nothing wrong here what am i missing? All she said was not to leave it charge over night not to use an ipad charger and to try charging it from a usb port there is nothing wrong here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.