What's new

What is your ringtone?

I have "old phone" and being a noob have not worked out how to customise my ringtone yet.

Have an unbroken iPhone4.

VTR said:
I have "old phone" and being a noob have not worked out how to customise my ringtone yet.

You don't have to jailbreak to make ringtones. You only need to jailbreak when you want to set SMS tones

VTR said:

Go to the app store and search "Ringtone" you can then make your own from anything you have on your phone and set it to 30 seconds it then converts it for you and when you sync with iTunes it sets it to a ring tone. I use that and it's brilliant, best of all it's free to do!

Ringtone: Anthemic- P. Money & Magnetic Man
Sms tone: Chill Out and Coexist- DubTrio (The breakdown in the middle)

VTR said:

Go to the app store and search "Ringtone" you can then make your own from anything you have on your phone and set it to 30 seconds it then converts it for you and when you sync with iTunes it sets it to a ring tone. I use that and it's brilliant, best of all it's free to do!

Thanks holophyte for the tip,am giving it a go now... :)

Tried to do the changing of ringtone via the explained ways however songs from both my iTunes and iPhone cannot be amended in the way described.

The "get info" option when opened has greyed out areas where they are needed to be altered.

Those basic ringtones are so "basic" that it's not funny.

mine is Fuoco nel Fuoco by Eros Ramazzotti

Last edited:
VTR said:
Tried to do the changing of ringtone via the explained ways however songs from both my iTunes and iPhone cannot be amended in the way described.

The "get info" option when opened has greyed out areas where they are needed to be altered.

Those basic ringtones are so "basic" that it's not funny.

Did you use "Ringtone designer"

Here's the pic on the app store

View attachment 1637

What I then do Is choose the song I want pick out the 30 seconds I want then click the save button. This then saves it and is available through your iTunes file sharing. Also that app has a video step by step on how to do it which is very very easy
Let me know how you get on. Look for the symbol attached for the app you need

Thanks for the extra info holophyte.

I ended up buying two ringtones with iPhone store via my phone.

Only wanted a digital phone sounding ring so went with "office phone" and "24phone"

Happy with those two. :)

I have a few
Airwolf Theme
Bourne Identity Theme
CTU is the one for most everyone that calls
the new Hawaii 5-0 theme
NFL on Fox
Pirates of the Carribean
and for Dad, Jesus Christ Superstar- Overture

VTR said:
Thanks for the extra info holophyte.

I ended up buying two ringtones with iPhone store via my phone.

Only wanted a digital phone sounding ring so went with "office phone" and "24phone"

Happy with those two. :)

Glad to be of service, but the ringtone app stops the need to buy a ringtone, which in all fairness are rubbish lol