What's new

What is using up my cellular data?? Help please

tsmrg

Reaction score
Hie friends. New iphone 4s user. I have limited data plan and i try to minimize my data usage by stoping some applications but i still find my data bundles being used up in a very short time. I did this. Settings-cellular-and switched off data use for many apps , except for opera mini and watsap . My emails have been set to "manual" and not push. There is however this "itunes accounts" under settings-cellular-system services-itunes accounts which seems to be the Problem maybe. If it is the one, how can i stop it. Please see attached screen shot. Thanks in advance

$image-3322223465.jpg

I'll hazard a guess. Make sure you haven't switched on updates AND "Use Cellular Data". You could be getting app updates when you don't want them; like when you are off wifi.

I have switched on automatic updates, but "use cellular data" is off

Are you really worried about 50MB? Turn off automatic updates and all push notifications.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

The screenshot shows the space it uses, not data usage.

Actually, that is cellular data "usage" it is in the system services location under cellular.
It is an accumulated amount however, so if you want to track the usage you will have to reset it.

Are you really worried about 50MB? Turn off automatic updates and all push notifications. Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Sure, I am worried. Would want automatic updates over wifi, so had switched it on but with cellular data off.