What's new

what is the proper way to upgrade to 5.0.1 while jailbroken?

ztorque

Reaction score
Hi guys i been thinking about upgrade to 5.0.1 but im current jailbroken with limera1n v4.1 and im new at this and i dont know the best way to do this,do i just sync iphone with itunes and hit restore or hit upgrade or do i have to put the iphone in dfu mode first and then hit restore i just dont want to brick my phone.

thanks.

There's no way to brick an iPhone. If you require unlock you must update to a custom firmware made with either sn0wbreeze or redsn0w in order to preserve your baseband. If you don't require unlock you can just do a normal "restore and update" in iTunes and then jailbreak with redsn0w.

Ok I'm with h2o so I don't need to unlock so you saying just to sync iphone and just press restore that's it so don't worry about dfu mode or nothing like that.
Thanks

Correct, make sure you do a backup first so you can restore from backup after you're done. If you have any problems restoring it wouldn't hurt to restore in DFU mode. Also make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes. If you are using an old version you will get a 3194 error when restoring 5.0.1

Correct, make sure you do a backup first so you can restore from backup after you're done. If you have any problems restoring it wouldn't hurt to restore in DFU mode. Also make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes. If you are using an old version you will get a 3194 error when restoring 5.0.1

thanks