What's new

What happens after jailbreaking?

Yuiiiiii

Reaction score
Hello I have a few questions about the performance of your iPhone after jail-breaking. I hear from a few friends that jail breaking slows down it iPhone, is this true? If so how badly and what other side effects if any? Many thx

Ive been jailbroken for a while now and havnt experienced any lag or slow function on my iphone. But i suppose it could be an issue if you have an extra large amount of apps or even apps that clash with eachother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The jailbreak itself does noting to adversely effect the performance of the device. It simply unlocks the operating system.

What you install on the device AFTER you jailbreak, in the way of tweaks and apps to enhance the OS will most certainly effect things. Just like your computer, the more things you set running in the background doing things, the less resources there are to work with.

chantelle310 is also correct, the biggest culprits for very poor performance are where you load an app or tweak which was designed either for another device, another version of IOS, or which clashes in functionality with another tweak you already installed.

From my experience there hasbeen no slow down in performance. Especially since with jailbreak apps such as multiflow and sbsettings you can close backgrounding apps to free memory up. At first I thought it was using more battery but it was just cos I was using my phone more. Basically the screen is the biggest battery killer; so anything that makes you have the screen on more will use battery. If I just use the ipod battery life is pretty impressive, I can listen for four hours in work and still be in high 80s or even 90s. But as far as slowdown goes the ability to close background apps is a big help.

My phone is still working like new. I have had some apps clash with each other so I deleted the most recently installed one and after that had no issues. While running just the tethered JB I was very cautious while I was at work cause I didnt have a computer that I could use to reboot my phone. With the semi tether Im a little less cautious but still pay attetion to what I am installing or tweaking.