What's new

What flash drive?

JTele

Reaction score
Hey all! If you're using a flash drive with your iPhone 8, which one are you using? I just tried a SanDisk Mini and couldn't get it to work, for it seems to have some compatibility issues. I also have an OtterBox case, so it appears as though some jacks won't work unless the case is actually removed due to the shorter length of some jacks. I'd like to avoid that if at all possible, too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

You can't use a plug in storage device with an iOS device like you can with a Windows or Mac computer. There are limited functions such as storing photos and videos shot with your iPhone camera. viewing then requires an app designed to work with the storage device.Apps and iTunes content have to be downloaded to the device itself. and won't work from an external storage device. Mophie makes a battery case called the Space pack that includes flash storage in addition to the external battery.

I’m not using an iPhone 8, but an iPhone X, and I’m using a Leef iBridge USB Flash Drive, not the latest generation. It can import/export photos, videos, music and documents. You can use it with a lightning port, and with regular USB ports.

You can insert it so that it covers your Home button, or the other way round, and it’s behind your device. I haven’t used it with an Otterbox case, I’m using a leather case on my iPad Pro, and an Anker case on my iPhone X.

Here’s what mine looks like:
2499FF68-6FD5-4712-B13C-EB205CDDC1EE.jpeg
924A5D20-2F0A-4A14-8897-B40C8DEFBE4D.jpeg

Blurry, sorry!

I’m not using an iPhone 8, but an iPhone X, and I’m using a Leef iBridge USB Flash Drive, not the latest generation. It can import/export photos, videos, music and documents. You can use it with a lightning port, and with regular USB ports.

You can insert it so that it covers your Home button, or the other way round, and it’s behind your device. I haven’t used it with an Otterbox case, I’m using a leather case on my iPad Pro, and an Anker case on my iPhone X.

Here’s what mine looks like:
View attachment 38920 View attachment 38921
Blurry, sorry!

Thanks! SanDisk makes one that looks similar to this, too.

but also i found some issues like when i transfer them from iphone to ibridge seems all ok,
when i m about to transfer them from ibridge to pc some files r going nuts, looks like they r gone or showing the pictures like some files which i m not abble to open.
So i just put in a drawer n transferring my files with the pc

i have the same as u
try with the update on r pc

I had the SanDisk Mini and sent it back. I installed all of the latest updates with no success. In addition, even the latest manual stated that it was compatible from iPhone 5 through 7. Unfortunately, the seller on Ebay didn't state this in the sale, but they were good about having me return it.