What's new

What does your iphone do that annoys you?

Hopteen

Reaction score
n other words what behaviors you find to be inconvenient. Trying to gather a list of things that apple could just read and hopefully fix in a firmware update.

So I'll start:

- When in the text message app, if you click a link, it directs you to safari but when you come back to messages it does not go back to the last message you were reading, it takes you all the way to the bottom. So if like me you getting tweets via text you need to scroll back up and find out which text was the last one you were reading.

- This one is a bug that started with ios 5.0.1. When listening to music, when I double click the home button to get to the controls, they are not responsive.So I have to type the password every time I'm trying to skip a track to go back to the full app. Very annoying especially when I'm running.

- on the new notification center, once you click on a notification, you get re-directed to the appropriate app... but the notification still stays in the list. You have to go back there again and click the x yourself. + I find it stupid to have to click twice to get rid of stuff. (First you gotta click on that small "x" and aim correctly then you gotta click "clear". It should just be "clear" . A 3 steps process... crazy

- notifications coming on top need a visual when swiping them out. To get rid of it, you have to swipe left but there is no visual so it feels frustrating. The bar should follow the finger as you swipe it out. And we should be able to swipe it left or right.

- i wish there were pictures next to the text messages.

- To call someone from a text message you have to scroll alll the way up to get to the call sign. They should add a direct link on top or make the texts go all the way up by itself when clicking the name.

- wi-fi sync doesnt seem to update everything. It updates some stuff but it looks like I have to plug the cable for everything to sync properly.

- siri is super dumb. Also I wish we had options as far as voices.

- i find it too complicated to turn on/off vibrate. They should have a switch on the new notification center. (Along with turn off/on wifi/bluetooth and data)

Besides all that I still love my iphone!
g.gif

"SIM Error" but in all seriousness, its not that big of an issue because you can reboot and im gonna go to verizon today so. However, compared to anything else ive ever had its been amazing so far and i still love the capabilities !

I think the one thing that drives me insane is the lack of an LED indicator (I know this is not a firmware fix, lol)

For those that have multiple e mail accounts, the ability to only have one signature is really annoying.

For those that use Gmail as an exchange account on their iPhone, the fact that deleted e mails are not actually sent to the trash, however, simply hidden for lack of a better term.

Lack of ability to have different tones for different e mail accounts.

My biggest one...native turn by turn navigation!!! Please Apple :)

None of these are deal breakers and it is still a fatastic device!

Having to place calls twice sucks. Hit dial then hang up then hang up and dial again...smh

dieselpowered said:
I think the one thing that drives me insane is the lack of an LED indicator (I know this is not a firmware fix, lol)

For those that have multiple e mail accounts, the ability to only have one signature is really annoying.

For those that use Gmail as an exchange account on their iPhone, the fact that deleted e mails are not actually sent to the trash, however, simply hidden for lack of a better term.

Lack of ability to have different tones for different e mail accounts.

My biggest one...native turn by turn navigation!!! Please Apple :)

None of these are deal breakers and it is still a fatastic device!

The gmail trash is not n iPhone thing rather it is an gmail thing . It was same way on my droid I hate it as well. I like a clean mailbox and to keep it clean and tidy I have to log into my desktop computer and do it that way.

carolinagamecock said:
Having to place calls twice sucks. Hit dial then hang up then hang up and dial again...smh

What do you mean?

When I make a call sometimes, I'll dial the number then hit send. The call timer starts counting and acts like it called but no sound or anything. I can hang up, turn around and hit send and the call will go through like normal. I think it's a known issue.

Forces me to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data to turn on/off 3G instead of a simple home screen toggle.

Nothing annoys me with regards to my iPhone. Everything works as I like it 👍

iHolophyte

Not to take away from your [legitimate] gripes, but you can make Gmail send deleted e-mails to the Trash versus Archive while on the iPhone.

To do: Go to General > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > your Gmail account. At the bottom is a line titled "Archive Messages" - just ensure it's off and then you will have Trash instead of Archive.

For me and the purposes of this thread - I don't really have any gripes. Mainly because I have nothing to compare this phone to. I never had a smart phone before and I came to the iPhone 4S from a Tracfone! :D Anything the iPhone does is w-a-y better than I've ever had!

Marilyn

I dont like hving preview of txt or sms message. Is there a way to disable this for iphone4

I dont like hving preview of txt or sms message. Is there a way to disable this for iphone4

Yes
Go to settings, notifications, click messages and turn notifications off. Then click into the notification and select show preview to off.

iHolophyte

Searching contacts is my gripe, you have go back several levels, select ALL or CUSTOMERS (?) to get the text entry box grrrrrrrr

n other words what behaviors you find to be inconvenient. Trying to gather a list of things that apple could just read and hopefully fix in a firmware update.

So I'll start:

- When in the text message app, if you click a link, it directs you to safari but when you come back to messages it does not go back to the last message you were reading, it takes you all the way to the bottom. So if like me you getting tweets via text you need to scroll back up and find out which text was the last one you were reading.

- This one is a bug that started with ios 5.0.1. When listening to music, when I double click the home button to get to the controls, they are not responsive.So I have to type the password every time I'm trying to skip a track to go back to the full app. Very annoying especially when I'm running.

- on the new notification center, once you click on a notification, you get re-directed to the appropriate app... but the notification still stays in the list. You have to go back there again and click the x yourself. + I find it stupid to have to click twice to get rid of stuff. (First you gotta click on that small "x" and aim correctly then you gotta click "clear". It should just be "clear" . A 3 steps process... crazy

- notifications coming on top need a visual when swiping them out. To get rid of it, you have to swipe left but there is no visual so it feels frustrating. The bar should follow the finger as you swipe it out. And we should be able to swipe it left or right.

- i wish there were pictures next to the text messages.

- To call someone from a text message you have to scroll alll the way up to get to the call sign. They should add a direct link on top or make the texts go all the way up by itself when clicking the name.

- wi-fi sync doesnt seem to update everything. It updates some stuff but it looks like I have to plug the cable for everything to sync properly.

- siri is super dumb. Also I wish we had options as far as voices.

- i find it too complicated to turn on/off vibrate. They should have a switch on the new notification center. (Along with turn off/on wifi/bluetooth and data)

Besides all that I still love my iphone!
g.gif

I dont have to go back in the notification center to delete anything. When i go into it and click on a notification it takes me to the message and when i go back to the notification center its not there so something is not right with yours.

Lately mine has been having issues while connected to Wi-Fi. At work its connected to Wi-Fi all day because I dont get 3G in the shop and the last few days Ive been having to restart the phone a couple times a day because iMessage wont work and it wont connect to the internet or send notifications.