What's new

What does your iphone do that annoys you?

n other words what behaviors you find to be inconvenient. ...............
g.gif

It uses iTunes!!!!

Battery life is not as good as it should be for the iPhone 4s. That is my biggest gripe... Hopefully the next software update iOS 5.1 addresses this more seriously this time..

The gmail trash is not n iPhone thing rather it is an gmail thing . It was same way on my droid I hate it as well. I like a clean mailbox and to keep it clean and tidy I have to log into my desktop computer and do it that way.

Not to take away from your [legitimate] gripes, but you can make Gmail send deleted e-mails to the Trash versus Archive while on the iPhone.

To do: Go to General > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > your Gmail account. At the bottom is a line titled "Archive Messages" - just ensure it's off and then you will have Trash instead of Archive.

Marilyn

Thank you for the info, however, using Gmail as an exchange account does not appear to have that option.

Unless of course I am missing it :)

The lack of a real widgeting system. Ie one that doesn't require a million steps and ten different parts to it. One that apple hopefully will open its eyes to and include in ios 6.

One thing comes to mind for me. I hate the position of the "done" button when you are typing in landscape mode. It is very close to the o and p and I constantly find myself hitting it in the middle of writing something. Nothing too major I guess but frustrates me to death.

I think if Apple released a native turn by turn navigation app, added some ability to add widgets, Android would be hard pressed to expand their product.

I am not saying that Android is bad by any means so please do not take it that way.

Thank you for the info, however, using Gmail as an exchange account does not appear to have that option.

Unless of course I am missing it :)
Why would you use a gmail acct as an exchange acct? Load it up as a typical IMAP gmail acct. the sync and other abilities are identical with IMAP or Exchange. No?

Last edited:
Because I want it to sync my mail, contacts, and calendar. :)
This works with setting it up as IMAP too. Just add the acct in your phone as a GMAIL acct from the new acct window and iPhone auto sets it up with the ability to switch on contacts and calendars and mail - but the mail is set up as IMAP - not Exchange. That's how it is on my phone. Google, though it has (had) an Exchange server never worked reliably for me when I tried it. If Apple, in it's auto-add feature for Google sets a Gmail acct up as IMAP - that's sayin' something about the most reliable set up for GMail on an iDevice.

Last edited:
its more like what it doesn't do that annoys me as in it doesn't give you a delivery report in texting.

The fact that you have to have a jailbroken phone to apply any themes. Apple should start thinking about designing some themes so its not so boring. Not that this would make me get rid of the phone. Also bluetoothing any file to another type of phone

The fact that you have to have a jailbroken phone to apply any themes. Apple should start thinking about designing some themes so its not so boring. Not that this would make me get rid of the phone. Also bluetoothing any file to another type of phone
totally agree with that.

This works with setting it up as IMAP too. Just add the acct in your phone as a GMAIL acct from the new acct window and iPhone auto sets it up with the ability to switch on contacts and calendars and mail - but the mail is set up as IMAP - not Exchange. That's how it is on my phone. Google, though it has (had) an Exchange server never worked reliably for me when I tried it. If Apple, in it's auto-add feature for Google sets a Gmail acct up as IMAP - that's sayin' something about the most reliable set up for GMail on an iDevice.

Unforunately, it only gives me the option to turn on Mail, Calendars, and Notes...no Contacts.

Attachments

• $photo.jpg
    $photo.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 427
On a side note. It seems like Apple would be able to know which library to associate each device with. My wife and I both have iPhones and when we connect to iTunes we have to remember to select the proper library or it tries to load all of the other persons apps and stuff on each others phone. Seems like when I plug up the device, it should know what device is hooked up and open the correct library.