Just discovered that a LOT of apps, once loaded, do not go to sleep when not active. No wonder battery life is so bad. Even if you kill the app thru the new multitasking interface it doesn't kill everything.
Hope they fix this really soon.
What's the workaround, doing a reset on the phone by holding the power and home buttons?
LOL! Came here to post about that very subject. Great minds think alike.
Tested which is faster, standard power off/on or a hard reset. Either one will solve the issue but the hard reset (power and home at same time) is faster.
So far Calculator, Notes, Reminders, Clock, Weather, Calendar, Photos, Messages, Phone and Camera do not require a reset. Settings (if you adjust something, just looking doesn't yet...), App Store and the three games tested all require a reboot if you want to keep your battery alive.
I did the reboot after using the phone app and my battery meter went from 24-27%.Grrrrr... Phone app will cause extra CPU usage if you make or receive a call. Which means now I have to reboot every time I am done with a call if I am not near a charger. iOS 5 and 6 betas were never this bad. Apple should have stuck with limited multi tasking. It worked. A user can only interact with one application at a time. Android has already proven how bad battery life can be with full multitasking and the user never actually needing it.
Just discovered that a LOT of apps, once loaded, do not go to sleep when not active. No wonder battery life is so bad. Even if you kill the app thru the new multitasking interface it doesn't kill everything.
Hope they fix this really soon.
Did you discover that if you kill all the apps in your multitasking interface, then restart your phone, all the open apps will reappear in the multitasking interface when the phone restarts?
I noticed that... when I was trying to clear out the battery issue after navigation/facetime. Maybe it's just a thread history for 'convenience'? Or maybe just another bug...![]()
the better version will be the finished version of IOS 7.I don't know how other phones run new iOS 7 but on my iPhone 4 didn't go very well,so I decide to return to iOS 6.1.3 and wait for a better version