What's new

What do YOU think about iOS 7? (Poll)

What do you think of iOS 7?

• Total voters
Just discovered that a LOT of apps, once loaded, do not go to sleep when not active. No wonder battery life is so bad. Even if you kill the app thru the new multitasking interface it doesn't kill everything.

Hope they fix this really soon.

Just discovered that a LOT of apps, once loaded, do not go to sleep when not active. No wonder battery life is so bad. Even if you kill the app thru the new multitasking interface it doesn't kill everything.

What's the workaround, doing a reset on the phone by holding the power and home buttons?

What's the workaround, doing a reset on the phone by holding the power and home buttons?

LOL! Came here to post about that very subject. Great minds think alike.

Tested which is faster, standard power off/on or a hard reset. Either one will solve the issue but the hard reset (power and home at same time) is faster.

So far Calculator, Notes, Reminders, Clock, Weather, Calendar, Photos, Messages, Phone and Camera do not require a reset. Settings (if you adjust something, just looking doesn't yet...), App Store and the three games tested all require a reboot if you want to keep your battery alive.

LOL! Came here to post about that very subject. Great minds think alike.

Tested which is faster, standard power off/on or a hard reset. Either one will solve the issue but the hard reset (power and home at same time) is faster.

So far Calculator, Notes, Reminders, Clock, Weather, Calendar, Photos, Messages, Phone and Camera do not require a reset. Settings (if you adjust something, just looking doesn't yet...), App Store and the three games tested all require a reboot if you want to keep your battery alive.

I do hope you kind folks are reporting these issues. And, I would like to forward my gratitude to the entire iOS 7 beta testing community, you folks are helping make things better for the rest of us later :)

I was wowed. The new notification center is handy. The photo grouping is a cool concept and the weather graphics add a sense of realism and integration into your life. Props Apple! Finally stepping up your game :)

Bazinga!

Been on iOS 7 for 3 days now. I still give it a WOW! Lol. No problems for me on my phone. Only a very sporadic graphic glitch in the status bar when opening an app and closing then opening another app directly after.
Thank you apple

Grrrrr...

Phone app will cause extra CPU usage if you make or receive a call. Which means now I have to reboot every time I am done with a call if I am not near a charger.

iOS 5 and 6 betas were never this bad. Apple should have stuck with limited multi tasking. It worked. A user can only interact with one application at a time. Android has already proven how bad battery life can be with full multitasking and the user never actually needing it.

Grrrrr... Phone app will cause extra CPU usage if you make or receive a call. Which means now I have to reboot every time I am done with a call if I am not near a charger. iOS 5 and 6 betas were never this bad. Apple should have stuck with limited multi tasking. It worked. A user can only interact with one application at a time. Android has already proven how bad battery life can be with full multitasking and the user never actually needing it.
I did the reboot after using the phone app and my battery meter went from 24-27%.

I haven't had any of the problems y'all have had, especially with the phone app. I'm unofficially getting about 70-80% of the battery life I was getting before, generally speaking, and have only noticed severe battery drain after using Navigation / Facetime (haven't tested to find out which it was yet).

Did you discover that if you kill all the apps in your multitasking interface, then restart your phone, all the open apps will reappear in the multitasking interface when the phone restarts?

Did you discover that if you kill all the apps in your multitasking interface, then restart your phone, all the open apps will reappear in the multitasking interface when the phone restarts?

I noticed that... when I was trying to clear out the battery issue after navigation/facetime. Maybe it's just a thread history for 'convenience'? Or maybe just another bug... :)

I noticed that... when I was trying to clear out the battery issue after navigation/facetime. Maybe it's just a thread history for 'convenience'? Or maybe just another bug... :)

Think it's a bug

I don't know how other phones run new iOS 7 but on my iPhone 4 didn't go very well,so I decide to return to iOS 6.1.3 and wait for a better version

I don't know how other phones run new iOS 7 but on my iPhone 4 didn't go very well,so I decide to return to iOS 6.1.3 and wait for a better version
the better version will be the finished version of IOS 7.