What's new

What do YOU think about iOS 7? (Poll)

What do you think of iOS 7?

• Total voters
iOS, at least since 4.x, has allowed anyone to push the home button and use the phone as normal during a call. So double tapping the home button has also been available for several years.

everyone here seems to love it so far. guess they have never really used an android device before. what a shame.
i have had a Samsung Galaxy,then iphone 4s now iphone 5.....i also know that one member of staff on here just gave up his Android phone for iphone 5.

Last edited:
i have had a Samsung Galaxy,then iphone 4s now iphone 5.....i also know that one member of staff on here just gave up his Android phone for iphone 5.

This would be me! I returned my Galaxy S4 for an iPhone 5. Just because of this announcement.

You know what Ivy? I think our member "truthseeker" has never used an iPhone. ;) lol. Both OS's have their pros and cons. Neither OS is a one size fits all. The market has many different users with their own preferences. Wouldn't it just be so boring if only one product existed for everyone? I think so!
"What a shame" that would be. :rolleyes:

Most of IOS7 looks good but I am dissapointed that AIRDROP won't work on at least the 4S, that just doesn't make sense to me :(

It is due to the version of the Bluetooth in the 4S and older versus the 5.

I'm still uncertain about how I feel about it. I wouldn't be opposed to trying it, though. I think some features might "annoy" me like the one that tells you that you are not using a compatible data cable (since I currently have multiple different ones that I've purchased through cheaper places that work just fine. If there's a function to turn that on/off that would be great. Otherwise, I like how we would be able to see the image on the front screen and looking forward to the new lock screen/control center and the easy editing of pictures since I post a lot on Instagram. In the meantime, I will be patiently waiting for iOS7 to be available.

Yeah, I agree! Probably a strategy to get us to upgrade. Luckily, I'm due for one in Sept. but others may not be as lucky.

About the new IOS7, I must say, that I really hate the new look (hate new icons and really hate the white background of apps, like notes and so on)... And more I know of IOS7, more I feel that I won't upgrade my IOS equipments from IOS6... and probably my iPhone5 will be the last iPhone that I bought... cause if it was to have a Windows Phone or an Android one look, there was at the market equipments less expensive and with similar look...

About the new IOS7, I must say, that I really hate the new look (hate new icons and really hate the white background of apps, like notes and so on)... And more I know of IOS7, more I feel that I won't upgrade my IOS equipments from IOS6... and probably my iPhone5 will be the last iPhone that I bought... cause if it was to have a Windows Phone or an Android one look, there was at the market equipments less expensive and with similar look...

I also really hate the look of iOS 7. Some of the new enhancements are nice, but because of the look I don't see myself upgrading my iPhone.

Reading some if the current spin on the Apple news sites seems to possibly suggest that Jony Ive is aware of the "all white sucks" sentiment that is now appearing on comment/blog posts.

Really hope that I am reading these tea leaves right. Because the only decently colored app in iOS 7 is the Stocks App.

Did anyone else notice that aside from the 3D layered effect between the wallpaper and the desktop, virtually every one of these new features was borrowed/copied from other vendors and in many cases are features that have already been out for a very long time. Gestures I guess is something relatively new in the Blackberry world and of course something that has been around for a while in certain jailbreak applications, but I really did not see anything 'new', and we still lack the ability to have native widgets on our desktop. Do I like the changes? yeah. Do I see them as an improvement over ios6? Sure, you betcha! Still, this felt like a catch up release with not a lot of wow effect for anyone who has not been locked in the Apple bubble for the past 2 years. If you have been living in the bubble, then you are probably sufficiently wow'd. If you have been active in other environments, then you would know that none of these features aside from maybe 3D, are not anything new. Just sayin. Browsing around youtube, you get to see numerous posts of people treating the fact that one can now have several pages of icons in a folder as something revolutionary. It isn't. It is however, highly useful if you have been stuck without this ability for the past 4 years because you were living in the apple bubble, sans jailbreak. Therefore, I think the poll needs a few new categories before I can actually vote, such as, 'kind of impressed' or, 'like it but was hoping for more'.

Last edited:
Still liking it overall, but running into more beta quirks each day, which is obviously to be expected. For example, I'm sure rebooting would clear it out, but every time I open my Settings app, while it's "animating" it's showing my camera roll, then when it's done "animating" the Settings page pops up. Another that was a bit of a nuisance - while talking on the phone in my car, I plugged it into my stereo to get it charging and music started playing automatically. It does that normally, but obviously shouldn't while I'm on the phone - and it wasn't playing through the car, it was playing through the phone's earpiece. Threw me off! :) Also, there have been some pretty big battery hiccups, but that's been talked about in the other thread. Looking forward to seeing how they smooth things out in the future betas!

Last edited:
Found two major battery drainers.

If you get a iTunes update or alert, CPU usage stays at 45% or higher till a reboot.

If you change, just about any setting, in the settings app, CPU usage stays at 50% or higher till reboot.

Since finding this and rebooting when it occurs, battery life has improved dramatically.

Found a major crash that causes full battery drain. Wifi sync when pushing a new app from phone to iTunes, if there is a transmission timeout the phone will go into 100% CPU usage and not recover.