What's new

What click number setting do you have your iPhone 7 set to?

What click # setting?

Votes: 2 28.6%

Votes: 2 28.6%

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

XDRoX

Reaction score
Title says it all. Those of you that have an iPhone 7, what click number do you have the home button set at?
I chose 3 because it feels the strongest and IMO it feels the most like the old pushable button that I'm transitioning from. I'd be surprised if anyone didn't have it set to 3. If you don't please share why.

AC8C7E22-0B7D-4BE8-8539-6E760A8DF751_zpslsvzfzzn.png

Who picked 2? Show yourself! Lol
For real though. Did you try the others? Why'd you pick 2? Just cause it was in the middle? lol don't lie...lol
Tell me more. We may be the only two on this forum that actually own the 7. At least the two that don't have me on ignore. :)

Who picked 2? Show yourself! Lol
For real though. Did you try the others? Why'd you pick 2? Just cause it was in the middle? lol don't lie...lol
Tell me more. We may be the only two on this forum that actually own the 7. At least the two that don't have me on ignore. :)

I don't know how to put members on my ignore list yet, but thanks for the reminder [emoji38]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I've chosen 1, because I don't like pressing the button too hard. I'll need some time to get used to the new button. It feels quite different than before. You can feel every tap of the Home button at the back of the iPhone, when you hold it.

I have 3...wanted to make sure I felt it... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 is definitely best here. With 1 I was on my home page by accident too many times and calling up Siri when I didn't want her. 3 was too strong - the whole purpose of this new home button is to never have to replace it and not get carpal tunnel in your thumb.. lol! 2 feels almost exactly like the old home button to me now. I have to admit at first I was really ticked about this change. I can't stand the haptic feedback feel jolts that started on 6 or 6S. But after a couple weeks now I'm completely sold on the idea. Love also being able to use fingerprint to get into most of my password protected apps. Nice new feature of iOS 10. Though I believe there was a jailbreak tweak for this too in past.

The differences between all 3 are almost non-existent, so the default felt right.

I've chosen 1, because I don't like pressing the button too hard. I'll need some time to get used to the new button. It feels quite different than before. You can feel every tap of the Home button at the back of the iPhone, when you hold it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the numbers effect how hard you have to press the home button.
My understanding is that you always have to press the home button with the same amount of pressure to activate it. The 1,2,3 settings simply set the amount of feedback the phone sends you.
For example on 1, the phone barely vibrates when you press the home button. On 3, the phone sends the greatest amount of feedback.

I chose 3 because to me it felt the most like the old "press-able" home button.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the numbers effect how hard you have to press the home button.
My understanding is that you always have to press the home button with the same amount of pressure to activate it. The 1,2,3 settings simply set the amount of feedback the phone sends you.
For example on 1, the phone barely vibrates when you press the home button. On 3, the phone sends the greatest amount of feedback.

I chose 3 because to me it felt the most like the old "press-able" home button.

Aha! Good point. I believe you are correct!!

@XDRoX
You're right. What you adjust in your settings, is the feedback you feel when you press the button, not how hard you press the Home button.

I still prefer 1.

Never being one for jumping on the bandwagon wagon.
I am using iOS 10 as offered by Apple for my iPhone 5s
with the click settings and all that. Great for iPhone 7
and iPhone 7plus but useless for me. And many others no doubt. So a bit of advice would be nice please for those of us left out in the cold.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

Never being one for jumping on the bandwagon wagon.
I am using iOS 10 as offered by Apple for my iPhone 5s
with the click settings and all that. Great for iPhone 7
and iPhone 7plus but useless for me. And many others no doubt. So a bit of advice would be nice please for those of us left out in the cold.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.
It's also not available or needed for any iPhone before the 7.