What's new

What are you going to miss from your old phone?

I'm going to miss the quick profiles app that I used on my droid. It was a quick switch to phone only at night. I know, jailbreak. Just not there yet.

For all you turn-by-turn fans, have you not head of the Garmin StreetPilot app?

Garmin StreetPilot app does turn-by-turn on the iPhone and iPad for $40 -- Engadget

Yeah right. I'm gonna miss having it for free. 40 bucks is highway robbery compared to android's navigation.
Agreed, not to mention Google Maps is by far the best and most up-to-date map.

Check out GPS MotionX Drive. It is much cheaper (only $0.99) than TomTom and Navignon and has great features including traffic integration and voice turn by turn directions.

I'm mainly going to miss the free wireless tethering after rooting my Incredible. Not much else really.

Is very little. But one I found out the other night is not being able to sync the iphone with my coputer. I don't even know if this true but certainlly a count aginst it. I was wondering if this is only the case on windows platform and maybe you can use with another mac. Other than that there isn't anything else that I would miss. Not the poor battery life or any of the other issues to numerous to mention.

Why can't you sync to your computer? The iPhone syncs fine with windows.

The person that wrote the post I read must have been mistaken and that's why I said in my post.. "if this is true" :) which im glad that aparently it is not true cause obviously that would be a great disadvantage. I tried to find the thread where I read this to no avail.

Considering I'm upgrading from a 3 year old POS LG Dare, I won't miss a single thing!

AHH! My iPhone is due within the next 3 hours. This is worse than any Christmas!

Old Phone Blackberry Storm II ... New phone iPhone 4s.

I will miss bedside mode, plug in to recharge automatically puts it into phone only mode.

I will miss setting up conference call numbers with the access code attached ie 811514101x12345678# calls the number and waits for me to send the digits after the x

I hope to miss pulling the battery at least once a day to free up some hung app or get back some memory an app never let go of.

I will miss always having someone around with a recharge plug or cable :-(