What's new

What are you doing right NOW??? ;)

I spent the night with my son having a pinball marathon. We got hold of two old Williams electro-mechanical machines circa late 70's, neither had been run for well over 25 years while sitting in a damp basement. One called Fan-Tas-Tic and another called Grand Prix. We've spent the last month cleaning and adjusting contacts to the tune of probably 800 or more in each machine, replacing bumper rubbers, light bulbs and finally got the second machine working fully early last night and decided to start playing and just couldn't stop. Very addictive and way too much fun especially when quarters are not needed. Time for some sleep.

I spent the night with my son having a pinball marathon. We got hold of two old Williams electro-mechanical machines circa late 70's, neither had been run for well over 25 years while sitting in a damp basement. One called Fan-Tas-Tic and another called Grand Prix. We've spent the last month cleaning and adjusting contacts to the tune of probably 800 or more in each machine, replacing bumper rubbers, light bulbs and finally got the second machine working fully early last night and decided to start playing and just couldn't stop. Very addictive and way too much fun especially when quarters are not needed. Time for some sleep.
I have two at home. they're both Gottlieb machines and require a full restoration. These machines are old enough to take nickels and dimes in addition to quarters. I find it ironic that Gottlieb was based in Chicago but couldn't sell it's machines there because pinball games were illegal in Chicago at the time.