What's new

What are you doing right NOW??? ;)

Preparing for this :)
ED501BA6-B9D8-40B3-A224-A8659A831EB7.jpeg

I have two at home. they're both Gottlieb machines and require a full restoration. These machines are old enough to take nickels and dimes in addition to quarters. I find it ironic that Gottlieb was based in Chicago but couldn't sell it's machines there because pinball games were illegal in Chicago at the time.
I had heard that and also found it rather ironic. Two things I've learned are that the relay contacts were designed to be self cleaning with use and that lubricants are almost always more trouble then they are worth as they eventually cause problems. Once you get them working, the best preventive maintenance you could perform on them is to play them regularly. Lastly, there is a wealth of knowledge on the internet about restoring these old machines and replacement parts are easily obtained and not as expensive as one might think. To get them going again is labor intensive for sure but is very much worth the effort. Good luck and enjoy.

Last edited:
I sympathize, that's why I don't have my X until tomorrow, had to stop off at work yesterday on the way home because someone had an incident and I had to take care of a few things. Never a good day.
I am jealous, as I am still waiting for my X to ship!

Watching the pre-game show for the CFL Eastern Final. The Saskatchewan Roughriders are playing the Toronto Argonauts in Toronto. The winner goes to the Grey Cup championship game next Sunday in Ottawa.

Watching the pre-game show for the CFL Eastern Final. The Saskatchewan Roughriders are playing the Toronto Argonauts in Toronto. The winner goes to the Grey Cup championship game next Sunday in Ottawa.
I hope the Roughriders will win. Keeping my fingers crossed for them.