What's new

What are you doing right NOW??? ;)

You'd like to hear a woman singing tenor? :rolleyes:

Next shift starting in 15 minutes. Preparing for it.
There’ll be all those other voices blending with yours. I’m sure the group effort will sound very good.

On my way to the business meeting, then I'll try to get rid of my groats, before we're singing.
Is this where they'll officially announce th winner i=of the site selection voting?
The first Worldcon where I earned volunteer groats was Denvention 3 in 2008. I've still got a few I saved as souvenirs.

Is this where they'll officially announce th winner i=of the site selection voting?
The first Worldcon where I earned volunteer groats was Denvention 3 in 2008. I've still got a few I saved as souvenirs.
They've announced the winner yesterday, I think it was at the business meeting. I couldn't attend it yesterday, but I know that the convention will take place in Dublin in 2019.
I've also been working with an Irish volunteer at the cloakroom yesterday, whose wife is part of the committee for the convention in 2019. He said that the building has about the same size as Messukeskus, andthey will limit the number of attending members and day passes.

I've spent all of my groats, for now, but I'll earn a few more when I'm at the exhibit desk in about 45 minutes.

My Laundry Monster has been stuffed into the temporary containment facility and I’m waiting to enter the field of battle in my never ending war against the Dreaded Laundry Monster. The first order of battle is the water torture in the Aqueous Agitator followed by a good roasting in the Rotary Furnace.

Hearing my neighbours having a fight. They started discussing private matter at the top of their voice about an hour ago.
I just hope that will be over soon.

That total will rise as many people buy their membership during the registration process. the final total won't be known until the convention is over. Running totals are normally published in the daily newsletter.
So here's the total:
IMG_0012.JPG

This was shown during the closing ceremony. We've also been told that this was the second largest Worldcon ever.