What's new

What are you doing right NOW??? ;)

4,759 were here yesterday. Due to capacity issues, they have to close sales of day passes. Just 100 people per day are allowed to register, from today on. So the numbers won't change immensely.

I see people complaining on Facebook and in the Slack app, because they couldn't attend a panel they were intending to, instead of trying a different one. Has that been the same in previous years?
Room capacity issues have been a problem at worldcons for years, especially with very popular authors and subjects.
Worldcons also sell full attending memberships at the door, granting the purchasers full voting rights.

Do you know if they’re restricting the sale of full attending memberships?

Room capacity issues have been a problem at worldcons for years, especially with very popular authors and subjects.
Worldcons also sell full attending memberships at the door, granting the purchasers full voting rights.

Do you know if they’re restricting the sale of full attending memberships?
Yes, they do. Day passes and memberships. Sorry, I overlooked the latter.

There was not really a lot of work for those working at Registry today.

Yes, they do. Day passes and memberships. Sorry, I overlooked the latter.

There was not really a lot of work for those working at Registry today.
The first day of the convention is always the busiest at registration. I’ve seen lines that take an hour or two to get through.

The first day of the convention is always the busiest at registration. I’ve seen lines that take an hour or two to get through.
It figures. If I want to take advantage of all the interesting panels and presentations, I go there as early as possible. As far as I know, a few already registered on Tuesday.

It figures. If I want to take advantage of all the interesting panels and presentations, I go there as early as possible. As far as I know, a few already registered on Tuesday.
In Spokane in 2015 I was the first person to get a membership badge, on Tuesday afternoon. I issued it to myself when we were setting up registration. The convention itself started on Wednesday.

In regards to collecting ribbons on your Worldcon membership badge, here's a photo from Chicon VII in 2012.
IMG_3252.jpg

Last edited:
In regards to collecting ribbons on your Worldcon membership badge, here's a photo from Chicon 2000.
View attachment 35182
I'v e met a nice young Finnish lady at the cloakroom, where I was working today. She's trying to get as many ribbons as possible. That's the only reason why she's volunteering: a new ribbon; at the cloakroom, you get an extra ribbon for working there. Maybe I should show her your picture. :)
That's mine, at the moment:
IMG_0747.JPG

(Please note my membership number :))

Updating my MacBook Air to macOS High Sierra Public Beta 4 before leaving for work this morning.
But this download goes exceptionally slow so I have to leave and let it do its thing without me watching.

Last edited:
Updating my MacBook Air to macOS High Sierra Public Beta 4 before leaving for work this morning.
But this download goes exceptionally slow so I have to leave and let it do its thing without me watching.
I usually start my updates just before i go to bed, that way the update is ready by the time i wake up.

Maybe they’ll stream it and I’ll finally get a chance to hear you sing.:)
Not enough time to learn the songs a bit better, but there will be something like a public rehearsal tomorrow. I don't think they'll stream it.