What's new

What all was in your iPhone 6 Plus Box?

smalltowngirl13

Reaction score
I am curious what all contents everyone received with their new iPhone 6 Plus (I am sure it will be similar for the most part) but I am with Verizon and I did not receive a SIM card tray ejector tool but did receive earbuds, wall charger, usb cord and some Apple stickers...

The SIM card tray tool is shown in this video...

I think the presence or lack of the SIM card ejector tool is a regional thing. I live in Canada and every iPhone I've ordered from the Apple Online Store has come with the SIM card ejector tool while people in other countries report not receiving it.

I always get the sim tool with my iPhones but have heard before that some don't, A paper clip does the job though.

Last edited:
Bought my 4s & 5s directly from AT&T. Ordered it from their 800#, and both phones never came with the ejection tool.

My iPhone 5, 5s, and 6+ didn't come with the SIM card ejector. I'm with verizon also.

I always buy direct from Apple so maybe thats the difference.

My 6+ was from Apple but the phones are still carrier based when you order there.

My 6+ was from Apple but the phones are still carrier based when you order there.
Only in some countries. For example, in the UK and Canada, iPhones ordered from the Apple Online Store are sold unlocked and SIM free.

Only in some countries. For example, in the UK and Canada, iPhones ordered from the Apple Online Store are sold unlocked and SIM free.
Yes and i think the fact ours are unlocked and sim free is the difference in what comes in the box.

I bought my 6+ directly from Verizon. I was wondering if I wanted to switch to say AT&T could I use the same phone but simply having the new carrier insert their SIM card?

I have one from Verizon now, no SIM Eject tool. THe VZW guy told me that the card was preinstalled and that's why they didn't include the tool... I know, stupid, but that was what he said.

Bought the last one from an Apple Store came with a SIM Tool, so I agree. Get it from Apple if you can. It'll cost the same.

Unlocked iphones come with the Sim Tray Ejector key. As most US Cell companies subsidize at least part of the cost, the bulk of US iphones are not shipped with the key.

I bought my 6+ directly from Verizon. I was wondering if I wanted to switch to say AT&T could I use the same phone but simply having the new carrier insert their SIM card?
No. At least no to receiving anything faster than a 3G signal. The antennas are not the same. In addition, it might be no completely as Verizon may only be unlocked for International Use, not Domestic.