What's new

Welcome to the iPhone Forum! Please post an introduction thread.

Hi everyone! I am a new iPhone user. I have the BLK iPhone 4s 32G AT&T. Been using it for a week.

I am a previous I4 user and bought the 4s and have been using it for about a week.

Before I got it I backed up my 4 and downloded os5 I lost all my pictures, and contacts.

Luckily I had an archived restore and got most of my info back, but not the recent pictures.

I have always disliked I tunes but its what we have.

The 4s has been operating pretty good and some of the new features are nice. The phone operation does seem faster and I have not had any battery issues .

I have used some of the suggested battery saving techniques to see if that even improves it more. Time zone adjust and local ads have been shutdown.

Siri has its value, but I found Google search effective as well as Vlingo for search and voice text also.

Look forward to more feedback on the 4s as time goes on.

Hi iphone forums! New member, mostly interested in games. I have an ipod touch, no iphone, but I play a lot of games. Recently added Contre Jour (know it's been out for a while, but my game interest is relatively new!) and Jetpack Joyride; played a ton of Plants vs Zombies before this. Just interested to see what other users like.

coffee_dean said:
Hi iphone forums! New member, mostly interested in games. I have an ipod touch, no iphone, but I play a lot of games. Recently added Contre Jour (know it's been out for a while, but my game interest is relatively new!) and Jetpack Joyride; played a ton of Plants vs Zombies before this. Just interested to see what other users like.

Welcome to the forum coffee

Greetings! I am new to this forum and forums in general! I am currently using a iPhone 4 iOS5 - love it! My wife has the same phone, 2 other family members have the 4 and still 2 other family members have the 3gs and the 3 - plus a few ipods! I read the rules and I thank you for making them very clear! I came here to keep myself out of hot water with the wife - she's about to upgrade to iOS5 from 4 and I wanted to make very sure I knew what i was doing before going down that road. I'll do as you have suggested and hunt around for my main issue within your forum before I ask. Cheers!

Hope I am not to late in replying but when I upgraded I did't realize that the contacts and an app I had gcontacts
Would give me two of everyone in my contacts. If you have a separate app from contacts watch out. I am no techie and it took me a few days how to figure out how to deleted the ouble entries.

Hi I've got an iPad original and have have had my iPhone 4s 64gb for about 3 days. I have had it unlocked and just getting used to it after being a bb user for about 7 years. Looking forward to the jailbreak

Greetings everyone. I am new to this forum but not new to the Apple world. I have used them for years now and still in love with them. I currently own a WHITE iPhone 4 32gb, iPad 1 64gb wifi, iPod nano 5th Gen, iPod shuffle 4th Gen and a 13" MacBook Pro. I love each and every one of my apple products and use them each and every day. I hope to contribute with whatever knowledge I have about apple products and vice versa if I need any help from the great people here in iPF.

Take care everyone! 

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

SantosPharmD said:
Greetings everyone. I am new to this forum but not new to the Apple world. I have used them for years now and still in love with them. I currently own a WHITE iPhone 4 32gb, iPad 1 64gb wifi, iPod nano 5th Gen, iPod shuffle 4th Gen and a 13" MacBook Pro. I love each and every one of my apple products and use them each and every day. I hope to contribute with whatever knowledge I have about apple products and vice versa if I need any help from the great people here in iPF.

Take care everyone! 

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Welcome. SantosPharmD I love the avatar by the way.

Im an iphone 4 4.3.1. simlocked device user.Im using it with gevey..My baseband is 04.10.01..

Im here to learn more about iphone 4 specifications..for now, im especially looking for updating my version to ios5 and jailbreak it..(i know for now i could only make a tethered one)

I dont have any shsh saves..I ve heard about the "ifaith" program".Could i use it for getting back to my 4.3.1. version using the shsh blob i ll made using the program, if so how can i do guys..

Thanks for all the help..

Hi I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but what does it mean when you talk about baseband, I'm new to all this. I have a iPhone 4s running on iOS 5.0 but that is as far as my knowledge goes. I am waiting for the jailbreak for my phone and I know this isn't available yet and I have learnt the difference between tethered and untethered, I know it is important to understand all the bits inbetween otherwise I could end up damaging my phone if I do the wrong thing, please can someone help

Hello! I'm new. Trying to restore a jailbroken 3GS, iOS 4.2.1, ipad baseband 6.15.

Hello,
I have been a blackberry (crackberry abuser) for 10 years.. I enjoyed building "themes" and customizing my BB.... Then I got an Ipod (4th Gen) and Then an IPAD.... and after reading about the iOS5 and its new features.. I dumped my BB and got the new 4S.... and I love it..... I just wanted to say hey...
I do have 1 problem that keeps happening on my phone... but I know how most forums work... So, I will go search to see if I can resolve it.. before I go asking alot of questions...
ya'll have a good day
ddhgator.

Hello everyone.

New to the site.

Been an Android fan for a while but have also had iPhone 3GS 16gb, 4 16gb and now 4S 64gb and loving it.